You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#108195 by EternalMetal
Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:54 am
Wait, the HDR version has more artwork? Damn, I want that one now!! :lol:

#108217 by Atari
Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:31 pm
The copies with DVDs (be they Euro digipacks OR HDR Jewels) have the extended booklet. Apparently.

#108222 by doomsoldier
Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:54 pm
I'm in the same boat as the topic creator, as I'm unable to use Paypal.

Waiting anxiously...

#108265 by sicsmoo
Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:28 pm
I'll be ordering the HDR version when it comes out.

#108266 by EternalMetal
Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:32 pm
Atari wrote:The copies with DVDs (be they Euro digipacks OR HDR Jewels) have the extended booklet. Apparently.

Oh good, thats what I thought. I was just hoping that the HDR version didnt have any more extended artwork than the Euro digipak, because I obviously ordered the digipak even though I dont like digipaks as much. I just have to have it now! :lol:

#108285 by Snowmaker
Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:26 pm
I'm still ticked about this. My digipak is going to wear over time. I'd much rather have the double jewel case. :(

I'm surprised InsideOut didn't use the digi-book like they do with just about every other "Special Edition".
#108296 by GrabtharsHammer
Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:00 am
blakmetalemp wrote:I was sooo ready to have the cd/dvd but I see yall are releasing the double jewel cased/expanded artwork on Feb 10th. :) :( My wait continues but worth the wait it will be. Digipaks are the devil.

Yeah, I'm impatiently waiting for the jewel case version, too. F**k the labels for always releasing special or extended edition as digipacks.

And yes, digipacks are the devil indeed! I always realize that when I look at my Terria digipack - and all the other beloved albums and special edition albums that were solely released as digipacks.

#108397 by Biert
Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:22 am
Nobody likes digipacks, why do label keep releasing them damn bitches?

#108398 by King Fear
Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:23 am
Hey, I do like them!

#108459 by Snowmaker
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:54 am
Biert wrote:Nobody likes digipacks, why do label keep releasing them damn bitches?

Because I'm sure its cheaper.

#108492 by Atari
Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:41 pm
More artwork.
#108528 by Greg Reason
Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:36 pm
Snowmaker wrote:
blakmetalemp wrote:I was sooo ready to have the cd/dvd but I see yall are releasing the double jewel cased/expanded artwork on Feb 10th. :) :( My wait continues but worth the wait it will be. Digipaks are the devil.

Really? Damn!

I hate digi-paks too, but figured this was going to be the only version of the SE available. :x

How can you hate digipaks? They are so beautiful, I wish every CD ever was released in a digi!

#108601 by Tracy
Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:25 pm
Snowmaker wrote:
Biert wrote:Nobody likes digipacks, why do label keep releasing them damn bitches?

On the contrary, they are significantly more expensive. I don't like them because they are fragile.

#108602 by Tracy
Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:26 pm
fragility wrote:See, I'm confused, am I waiting for nothing for the DVD edition from HDR? Have they shipped yet, or is it just the regular edition? If anyone knows for sure, I know whether to get a copy from a shop on monday

We had the Euro versions. All orders for it have shipped. We are out of them and waiting for our own jewel case copies to arrive.

#108624 by gurp13
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:20 pm
Tracy wrote:
Snowmaker wrote:

On the contrary, they are significantly more expensive. I don't like them because they are fragile.

I can see this criticism, but I think it's less of an issue as people start using digital players more. I don't even touch my CDs any more after I rip them onto my player. Well, maybe just a little to look at the art and lyrics. But, if it's really an issue, people could always rip an exact copy of the album onto a CDR and enjoy the music and leave the digipak on the shelf. Just a friendly suggestion.