You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#108800 by doomsoldier
Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:27 pm
Mine just came.

I'm drowning in awesome.

#108822 by Mizzike
Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:17 pm
OK, I'm confused......the HDR store currently has two versions of Synchestra up. One is the HDR jewel case with the DVD which isn't out until the 10th. The other one though......is that the Euro-digi version, or is that the shitty standard U.S. version without the DVD? I'm thinking the latter because it's so much cheaper.......

.....can anyone clarify that?

#108827 by Atari
Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:38 pm
The first one on the page is the CD-only version - hardly "shitty".

#108854 by danceswithchickens
Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:58 pm
Yeah, I kind of wish I waited for the double jewel case. Digipacks look nice and all, but they don't last. Oh well, damn nice either way, I should say...and it matches the other Devin Townsend digipacks in my collection...

#108944 by Greg Reason
Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:53 am
How about you digi-haters just try actually taking care of your stuff? Thirty cents will get you a plastic sleeve and then you put it on a shelf and don't fuckin play soccer with it and it will last as long as your jewel cases...

#108957 by metal-mike
Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:58 am
i pre orderd it and got it today and got the normal verson im hopeing i can get the one with the dvd i really want that one ill have to look around. :cry: :cry:

#108968 by BLOOOR
Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:21 am
love the digipaks myself
awaiting mine patiently

i even like when they get all tattered and scratched.. its my mark to show its mine, and its getting fucking played!
sometimes there are issues with fitting them in the cd rack, the booklet in my AE special edition always flies out as i'm putting it and has gotten well scrunched up a few times.. so I gotta be careful. But ultimately I wish my cd collection was 100% digipak!

woulda been cool had the done the "digi-book" thing, they fit in the rack perfectly.. but its a thick cardboard, and I imagine would be more expensive.

conclusion? cant please everyone.. but you can sure as hell try.

#108999 by Falk
Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:47 am
I love digipacks, cardboard is more "true" than plastic... warmer, and fits the album nicely with the trees and nature thema.

But as just said upon, it's 2mm to thick to fit in my CD tower XD (AE's digipack is made of 2 pages, Synchestra's digipac is made of 3 layers)

#109003 by The Oid
Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:31 pm
I think digipacks look way better than regular CDs. The fact that they're fragile really isn't an issue for me, because I rip all the CDs I listen to regularly to mp3, and listen to them on my computer. Swapping CDs everytime I want to listen to something new is a huge hassle.

#109036 by danceswithchickens
Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:23 pm
Greg Reason wrote:How about you digi-haters just try actually taking care of your stuff? Thirty cents will get you a plastic sleeve and then you put it on a shelf and don't fuckin play soccer with it and it will last as long as your jewel cases...

Could do...

#109138 by gurp13
Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 pm
Greg Reason wrote:How about you digi-haters just try actually taking care of your stuff? Thirty cents will get you a plastic sleeve and then you put it on a shelf and don't fuckin play soccer with it and it will last as long as your jewel cases...

Amen. Preach on, brother.

#109159 by Mizzike
Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:12 am
OK, another question........

From where can I order the Digipack version?

I think the digipack offers a much nicer layout for the album's artwork, makes the whole package come together better.

#109454 by gurp13
Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:42 pm
I guess you can order the European version Special Edition from Hevy Devy records. That would do it. That's what I did.

Oh, and might I make a small request? You can, of course, tell me to fuck off. But, Mizzike, your avatar fucking bugs me. Richard Ramirez is a monster and if they gave me the chance I'd love to be the one to pull the switch on that fucking guy. He brutalized people and ruined lives. There is nothing metal about him and the fact that we have similar taste in music chills me. So, my request is that you change your avatar. I find it in bad taste.

But, this being America, where you and I live, you are free to be tasteless and I'm free to take offense. God Bless America.

Or I could just fuck off.

#109489 by Atari
Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:00 am
HDR's out of digipacks...