You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#108212 by Atari
Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:24 pm
References.......Truth in Pixillate, Love? in Notes From Africa or the other way round depending on chronology. Thematically it feels fairly close to Terria.....
Last edited by Atari on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

#108269 by EternalMetal
Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:37 pm
Atari wrote:Keep it in the spoiler thread please.

Why? the album is released officially now. I dont see why we cant discuss Synchestra now that its released. So what if everyone doesnt have it yet, it is still official.

When will be be able to discuss Synchestra stuff outside the "spoiler" thread? Never? :roll: :twisted:

#108274 by hairy
Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:52 pm
EternalMetal wrote:
Atari wrote:Keep it in the spoiler thread please.

Why? the album is released officially now. I dont see why we cant discuss Synchestra now that its released. So what if everyone doesnt have it yet, it is still official.

One more mystery in life...
And why do Brits drive on the wrong side of the road?
We will never know...

#108279 by Pisshead
Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:30 pm
EternalMetal wrote:Why? the album is released officially now. I dont see why we cant discuss Synchestra now that its released. So what if everyone doesnt have it yet, it is still official.

When will be be able to discuss Synchestra stuff outside the "spoiler" thread? Never? :roll: :twisted:

Good point.

#108308 by Atari
Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:20 am
meh, it was posted on sunday. Maybe i'm a little pedantic.

*remembers original post*

ah yes. Fixed-ish.

#108341 by DonorByHabit
Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:24 am
Damn! My thread got sabotaged :wink: I didn't know I was doing something 'illegal'. I bought the album in a Danish record store on the 25th of January.

Anyway! I noticed a chord progression in a song that sounded like the intro to Storm. Also, there's a part that is very alike the breakdown section of 'Suicide'. You know, the part where the bass goes: da-dadada da-dadada.

BTW: As far as I recall, the Truth reference can be heard in Sunset. Like the rest of you, I'm still digesting all this new material, so it can be a bit difficult to get an overview of an album that is so huge in many aspects.

Peace!

#108427 by armheadmcgee
Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:34 am
Let it roll starts out with "Come on in", and Olives starts with "Come in"...yeah that's all I got.

#108551 by Brainwashed
Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:58 pm
Yeah, in the letter that came with the SE from HDR, Dev explains that there are indeed references. One of them, which makes a lot of sense now, is the parallel between "Babysong" and "Possessions". I thought that was cool.

#108566 by VelvetKevorkian429
Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:02 pm
I still can't hear the reference to Infinity in Pixillate. but in Notes From Africa I noticed the Love? reference instantly. I remember the first time I was listening to it, it was the best part of the album for me. I smiled and thought it was totally awesome.

#108572 by Atari
Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:13 pm
1:56 onwards in Pixillate. Then listen to Truth.

It can't be just me hearing that

#108577 by FishyMonkey
Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:37 pm
No, I hear it too.

Speaking of Infinity...does anyone else hear at 5:25 of War the background voice that sounds like it's saying "the breakdown makes ground"? It sounds like a minor version of the "say how the break down makes ground" part in Nobody's Here where it goes real cool ("heroes, they take my breath away..."). Anyone else think that's eerily similar?

#108586 by djt06
Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:21 pm
The riff in Babysong at about 2:20 instantly reminded me of the intro riff to War. I recall Devin saying there were references to Infinity in this song.

#108588 by into the voigtex
Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:31 pm
djt06 wrote:The riff in Babysong at about 2:20 instantly reminded me of the intro riff to War.

That whole section has tons of Infinity-esque riffage. First it sounds like War, then at 2:34 it kind of segues into something more Bad Devil-ish, then at around 2:50 it starts morphing backwards into Christeen. After that there's a riff that reminds me of Random Analysis. Then back into a Terria/Infinity thing, then it goes SYL for a few bars. Then off into a Terria thing again.

#109201 by BLOOOR
Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:03 am
in Judgement he sings "I'm so sorry" much in the way he does it in Planet Rain