You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#110833 by gurp13
Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:16 pm
I feel another thread coming on. Something like, "How much do your friends or family hate Devin Townsend?" :lol:

#110843 by Kristopher
Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:19 am
Janne wrote:
gurp13 wrote:You're a blasphemer? I'm a treasonous heretic! My wife hates, loathes and despises Devin Townsend and SYL. Seriously. I had to make a special smart playlist on my iPod that won't play any DT or SYL (it picks songs randomly based on my ratings and "played since"). It's sick. But, she gets pissed if it comes on. I don't know why. Anyway, burn me at the stake. It's my fault. I married her.

Matthijs K. wrote:My girlfriend could be friends with your wife....

It feels good to see I'm not alone with this problem... ;)

My wife experiences extreme stress and some nausea when I play anything by SYL. And the solo stuff usually leaves her strangely emotionless. At best she says things like: "This was actually listenable, is this really Devin Townsend?" (said with a hint of surprise), or "At least it isn't SYL" (said with a hint of torment, probably just before her leaving the room)...

That is pure evil... blaspheme :x
thant god my girl... my girl... I think Im gonna break into an ass-sordid demo.... hang on get a grip.... my missus likes devin. but very often will not be in the mood for SYL but still says she likes it.... :idea: maybe she's bullshitting me :idea:

#110957 by Ike
Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:37 am
hehe, my brother used into heavy stuff years ago, but now he's all listening to elbow, karate or the dave matthew's band. he certainly doesn't have the devy-obsession, but when i showed him shitstorm and told him to listen closely to the lyrics, he started to grin really childishly and got more and more excited. afterwards he said somthing like "man i'd have given quite a lot for machine head to sound like this when i was 17", and admitted that this was one excellent piece of angry music.
i'll still have to show him synchestra, and i'm quite optimistic...

:)

#111067 by Mudtrailer
Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:03 am
BLOOOR wrote:in Judgement he sings "I'm so sorry" much in the way he does it in Planet Rain

Exactly: this album has allthe past connectec: Vampira - Bad Devil . ...and others ... Im drunk , so bear with me.....

#111068 by Mudtrailer
Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:05 am
rgx612a wrote:So the general opinion is: Devin ripped himself off bigtime this album. j/k

Eh.... the beauty of Shakespeare is Titus Andronicus........

#111074 by rgx612a
Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:10 am
gurp13 wrote:I feel another thread coming on. Something like, "How much do your friends or family hate Devin Townsend?" :lol:

Haha. I'd never play SYL for my parents. they'd freak out and think I was mental, which I couldn't deny. :D

#111094 by Atari
Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:55 am
Mum's a big fan of Synchestra.

#111127 by Biert
Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:28 am
Atari wrote:Mum's a big fan of Synchestra.

Mum hates all the music I like. That's the way her musical taste is defined. It sucks...

#123644 by a_random_person
Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:33 pm
Bringing back an old topic.....

Is it just me or does the last part of the baby song sound like a much more brooding version of the ending of "life is all dynamics"? And in Physicist, on the song "deviod", the ending I believe is repeated in a much slower version during the middle of Judgement right behind his "Baby, I'm so sorry".........if it is, that's cool as shit.

And I think the first part of the baby song is following the main riff on "metamorph" and an alteration of "the infinite waltz"...but I think that's been mentioned already, as well as the "war" riff part as well....

Bad Devil & Vampira... :)

#123650 by fullgore
Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:29 pm
Biert wrote:
Atari wrote:Mum's a big fan of Synchestra.

Mum hates all the music I like. That's the way her musical taste is defined. It sucks...

Neither of my parents are all that into music. They love indian music, but not the good stuff like Ravi Shankar - they like the stupid pop bullshit in movies. It's kind of sickening!

Anyway, I listen to a bit of everything and their opinion is that my taste in music is on the "shitty" side :)

#123742 by frog
Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:37 pm
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make this post (spoilers?), but there are a ton of Synchestra records all over The New Black now. He's really fleshing this out.

#123744 by Atari
Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:33 pm
As long as that's as far as you go.

#126393 by Naffis-kun
Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:49 am
Actually.. just how many songs include Dev singing "I'm so sorryyyy!" ??

My mom loves Dev.

#126569 by bluedrgn456
Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:04 pm
the intro to 'polyphony' (the first part of the new black) is identical to judgement

#126975 by Death_Samurai
Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:42 am
DonorByHabit wrote:Anyway! I noticed a chord progression in a song that sounded like the intro to Storm.

Yeah, now that I hear that one, which is called Judgement, I can see the reference, maybe he does as a continuation of the songs, or something like that. :idea: