You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#108499 by blood_on_ice
Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:58 pm
hello!

I'm a Devin Fan from Switzerland...i love the new cd...fucking amazing! But i have problems with the DVD...on my DVD-Player:

http://www.sony.ch/view/ShowProduct.action?product=DVP-NS430&site=odw_de_CH&pageType=TechnicalSpecs&category=DVD+Player

the DVD is black/white...no colours...on my PC the dvd seems to run ok, but after a while it crashes and an error occurs: "The DVD seems to be damaged"... or something like that.

With the bonus-DVD on the last SYL-Record (Alien), i have the same problem...

Does anyone have the same problems, or can help me?

thanks,
Peter

#108507 by into the voigtex
Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:08 pm
I have a similar problem with some DVDs. Here in Australia we use the PAL system for displaying television images, as opposed to NTSC for Canada and the US. My ten-year-old TV set will only display a PAL signal, and if a DVD encoded as NTSC is played, it comes up as black and white, and really bad quality. Your DVD player is probably multi-zoned, so it has no problems actually playing the disc - it's just that your TV can't properly decode the signal that the DVD player is sending it.

Newer TV sets will display both a PAL and an NTSC signal. I have a smaller TV set in the bedroom that will do this.

I'm not sure what system they use in Switzerland but I'll bet you my brother's left testicle it is PAL.

If this is the problem, find a friend with a newer TV set! :D

Ro

#108509 by Atari
Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:09 pm
Or.....play it on your PC.

Switzerland is PAL....

#108519 by into the voigtex
Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:20 pm
Atari wrote:Switzerland is PAL....

My brother will be happy to hear that.

#108522 by hairy
Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:23 pm
into the voigtex wrote:
Atari wrote:Switzerland is PAL....

My brother will be happy to hear that.

:lol:

#108716 by Biert
Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:00 am
into the voigtex wrote:I have a similar problem with some DVDs. Here in Australia we use the PAL system for displaying television images, as opposed to NTSC for Canada and the US. My ten-year-old TV set will only display a PAL signal, and if a DVD encoded as NTSC is played, it comes up as black and white, and really bad quality. Your DVD player is probably multi-zoned, so it has no problems actually playing the disc - it's just that your TV can't properly decode the signal that the DVD player is sending it.

Newer TV sets will display both a PAL and an NTSC signal. I have a smaller TV set in the bedroom that will do this.

I'm not sure what system they use in Switzerland but I'll bet you my brother's left testicle it is PAL.

If this is the problem, find a friend with a newer TV set! :D

Ro

If you have a (friend with a) DVD burner in your PC you can probably convert the NTSC disc to PAL, then burn it. Then you will be able to play it on your own old TV.