You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#108543 by Pisshead
Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:36 pm
Is there a crowd in the studio with DTB on the Synchestra DVD?

I was wondering because it seemed strange, an in-studio performance.

#108549 by kremzeek
Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:49 pm
Why?

Its not Saturday Night Liiiiiiiiiiiiiive, its like a private rehearsal.

#108550 by Pisshead
Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:52 pm
kremzeek wrote:Why?

Its not Saturday Night Liiiiiiiiiiiiiive, its like a private rehearsal.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know :D

#108763 by day old male
Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:33 am
Just out of curiosity, when was that recording actually made, Ryan? My guess is that you guys were rehearsing to take DTB out on the road for one of your tours and when you felt it was tight enough decided to film it for the DVD. But I'm also guessing it was done maybe a year ago or so?

#108768 by Drumdude13
Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:47 am
day old male wrote:Just out of curiosity, when was that recording actually made, Ryan? My guess is that you guys were rehearsing to take DTB out on the road for one of your tours and when you felt it was tight enough decided to film it for the DVD. But I'm also guessing it was done maybe a year ago or so?

That DVD was recorded it in August of 2004. We were'nt touring or anything. The last show we played was on the Symphony X tour, 6 months previous.

We only had about a week of rehearsals and then went in to record it ! It would have made sense to record it after a tour when we were smoking tight but it did'nt work out that way. I still think it turned out awesome and that it represents us well.

Hope that answers your question...

RVP

#108926 by day old male
Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:54 am
Hope that answers your question...

Dude, that totally answers my question. Thanks heaps for responding! Much appreciated man :)