You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#113438 by Blazingmonga
Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:47 am
gurp13 wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:Here lies one the world's greatest ironies:

http://www.netaddiction.com/clinic.htm

!!!

At first, I was gonna say that you have to go where the addicts are to help them, because I thought you meant it was ironic that she was advertising on the 'net.

Then, I scolled down and saw the chat therapy sessions and :lol:

There is a whole truckload of irony contained within that link...

#113713 by dedrexel
Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:33 pm
Dr Skinny + Strapping Young Lad = Dr. Young

No?

#113812 by gurp13
Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:31 pm
I like all of the theories advanced here...

But, I keep coming back to it. Mankind. Collective. One Mind. That's Jungian, right? I mean, most of my Jungian background comes as much from listenging to Tool as it does from reading "Man and His Symbols." But, still. I find it an amazing coincidence (therefore, not a coincidence) that the same song that has references to the Collective Unconcious also has the line "Hooray for Dr. Young."

Oh, and the ambient noise that swirls up at that line is brilliant. I love the ambient noise on this album!

#113827 by asparagusDuck
Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:30 pm
gurp13 wrote:I like all of the theories advanced here...

But, I keep coming back to it. Mankind. Collective. One Mind. That's Jungian, right? I mean, most of my Jungian background comes as much from listenging to Tool as it does from reading "Man and His Symbols." But, still. I find it an amazing coincidence (therefore, not a coincidence) that the same song that has references to the Collective Unconcious also has the line "Hooray for Dr. Young."

Oh, and the ambient noise that swirls up at that line is brilliant. I love the ambient noise on this album!

I've been thinking the same exact thing. that would be a pretty weird coincidence. collectivism is definitely Jung's deal. what was it he thought? that all human have unconcious memories of our ancestors dating way back, and these unconcious memories connect us all? im taking a psychology course now but we didnt spend much time at all on Jung.
#113833 by Mr. Hell
Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:25 pm
Certainly many great theories on this one!
Perhaps his therapy for getting through the tough times was going back into his childhood and exploring things...hence Dr. Young.
Wow! That was a good example of total bullshit thinking! I should give it a rest.

#114830 by Paroxyst
Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:26 pm
asparagusDuck wrote:what was it he thought?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Carl_Gustav_Jung :wink:

asparagusDuck wrote:im taking a psychology course now but we didnt spend much time at all on Jung.

It's interesting you mention that, because this was written in the wiki:

"Interestingly, Jungian ideas are not typically included in curriculum of most major universities' psychology departments, but are occassionally explored in humanities departments."