You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#112296 by Atari
Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:58 am
DeviousMofo wrote:Haha, now everyone that hasn't seen this is thinking "Dev? Ballet? wtf????"

and then...."I need to get me that DVD"

#112332 by FishyMonkey
Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:00 pm
Atari wrote:
DeviousMofo wrote:Haha, now everyone that hasn't seen this is thinking "Dev? Ballet? wtf????"

and then...."I need to get me that DVD"

You just described my train of thought perfectly. :lol:

#112502 by djskrimp
Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:29 pm
Coma Divine wrote:You know...2 of the guys who played on the album have the surname "Young"...

:fear:

Isn't there mention of a Daniel Young doing Tambourine in the song "Vampolka"..so, that's 3 Youngs!

#112795 by Mulzi
Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:08 am
I thought that "Hooray for Dr. Young" was a stab at the american mentality of youth worship. Plastic surgeons and body modifications. i.e. "Dr.Young" "You are fat, take pills. You are depressed, take pills. You are ugly, we can make you look like a 15 year old. Don't bother excercise, we'll suck the lard straight from your fat ass"

...hooray
#112880 by Mr. Hell
Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:29 pm
Perhaps Devin has a Dr. Young who helped him with the proper medications for his imbalance? The song almost seems to be about his conquering of the mind issues. Definitely a killer tune and very uplifting. Should be the official anthem of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.
#112887 by gurp13
Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:29 pm
Mr. Hell wrote:Perhaps Devin has a Dr. Young who helped him with the proper medications for his imbalance? The song almost seems to be about his conquering of the mind issues. Definitely a killer tune and very uplifting. Should be the official anthem of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.

You know, I hadn't thought about it that way, but there could be merit to this interpretation. Devin *has* said that the song is about the past which is why he specifically asked Vai to play on it. Good thought, Mr. Hell.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.
#112956 by Mulzi
Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:14 am
Mr. Hell wrote:Perhaps Devin has a Dr. Young who helped him with the proper medications for his imbalance? The song almost seems to be about his conquering of the mind issues. Definitely a killer tune and very uplifting. Should be the official anthem of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.

That's logical. I thought about it for a sec but wanted to dig deeper.. however the simplest explanation usually is the right one :)

#113070 by armheadmcgee
Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:28 pm
Wow, blazingmonga, I tip my hat to you. Hooray for Dr. Young indeed.

#113107 by Blazingmonga
Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:20 am
Thank you, thank you all.
#113189 by Mr. Hell
Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:43 pm
gurp13 wrote:

You know, I hadn't thought about it that way, but there could be merit to this interpretation. Devin *has* said that the song is about the past which is why he specifically asked Vai to play on it. Good thought, Mr. Hell.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.

Thank you kindly, Mr. gurp! :D
It seems, judging by that Dr. Young link most of us can really relate.

#113210 by Brainwashed
Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:33 pm
Dr. Young wrote:To provide assistance for individuals, partners, and parents in crisis [with internet addiction], I offer telephone and online counseling

Ah, it gets even more ironic.

Btw, very interesting thread, too bad I am too worthless to actually contribute to it.

#113213 by funny_little_guy
Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:39 pm
Coma Divine wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:Here lies one the world's greatest ironies:

http://www.netaddiction.com/clinic.htm

!!!
hahahaha! That's brilliant! :lol:

thats creepy is what that is

#113401 by gurp13
Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:07 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:Here lies one the world's greatest ironies:

http://www.netaddiction.com/clinic.htm

!!!

At first, I was gonna say that you have to go where the addicts are to help them, because I thought you meant it was ironic that she was advertising on the 'net.

Then, I scolled down and saw the chat therapy sessions and :lol: