You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#108615 by gurp13
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:05 pm
Hey, maybe it's just me, but in this song, the lyrics say, "Hooray for Dr. Young." That's what the booklet reads. Shouldn't it say, "Dr. Jung?" Isn't Jung the one that talked about dreams and the collective unconscious?

Or, I could just fuck off.

Oh, and this fucking song rocks my cock. So does Hypergeek.

The whole album.

But, as an English teacher, I have to catch spelling errors, if extant.

#108619 by wasabi_time
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:10 pm
I would think Dr. Jung too, because of the lyrics... "One word: connected, mankind connected."

That's what instantly popped into my head, because Carl Jung had the idea of a collective unconcious; he thinks that that is why certain ethnicities have fears of a certain object, etc.

Or I could just fuck off.

#108622 by gurp13
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:16 pm
Coma Divine wrote:You know...2 of the guys who played on the album have the surname "Young"...
:fear:

Are they doctors? Are they in any way befittng that title? Or, are you just pissing up my leg here?

I always heard Neil Peart (drummer in Rush) had a Ph.D in percussion (which is crap, but cool anyway).

#108632 by Dire
Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:08 pm
I thought it was just a silly play with words. :)

"Hey oh man, I've got two "jungs" in my band, haha, I'll make a reference to you guys."

#108663 by Orion30
Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:17 am
Maybe they just spelled it wrong? Young and jung I've heard pronounced the same.

#108683 by Eth Eonel
Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:22 am
Well, actually "Jung" is not pronounced like "Young".

My first thought was that Dr. Young was the midwife at Devin's birth. Probably a silly thought, though.

#108692 by sj_2150
Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:46 am
Coma Divine wrote:You know...2 of the guys who played on the album have the surname "Young"...

Imagine if they were brothers :shock:

#108733 by funny_little_guy
Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:27 am
sj_2150 wrote:

Imagine if they were brothers :shock:
that would be amazing

#108738 by day old male
Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:57 am
Are they doctors? Are they in any way befittng that title?

No, but don't forget, at one time Dev went by the name Dr. Skinny. It might be a kind of DTB in joke to refer to people as Doctor. Also, doesn't a doctor hand out medication? From the DTB DVD tour of the studio and how wasted Dev seemed while he was doing it, I'm sure there are a lot of 'medicinal substances' floating around those guys, and maybe Dr. Young (Mike or Dave) has a lot of it to give. This is all TOTAL SPECULATION of course :)[/code]

#108791 by odiz
Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:31 am
day old male wrote:
Are they doctors? Are they in any way befittng that title?

No, but don't forget, at one time Dev went by the name Dr. Skinny. It might be a kind of DTB in joke to refer to people as Doctor. Also, doesn't a doctor hand out medication? From the DTB DVD tour of the studio and how wasted Dev seemed while he was doing it, I'm sure there are a lot of 'medicinal substances' floating around those guys, and maybe Dr. Young (Mike or Dave) has a lot of it to give. This is all TOTAL SPECULATION of course :)[/code]

He seemed waay stoned out of his mind, but thats not too much of a supprise. :D

Tracy wrote:
Synchestra is definitely a bong-fueled entity.

#112155 by DeviousMofo
Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:05 pm
I particularly like the balletic pirouette he does when the tour reaches the "wonderful area".

#112163 by Atari
Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:52 pm
DeviousMofo wrote:I particularly like the balletic pirouette he does when the tour reaches the "wonderful area".

Yup :D

#112185 by EternalMetal
Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:36 pm
Atari wrote:
DeviousMofo wrote:I particularly like the balletic pirouette he does when the tour reaches the "wonderful area".

Yup :D

lol, me too. Pure grace and beauty :lol:

#112274 by DeviousMofo
Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:51 am
Haha, now everyone that hasn't seen this is thinking "Dev? Ballet? wtf????"