You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#108643 by S D M F
Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:52 pm
Anyone else flat out AMAZED by the drumming on this album? Not to say that any of the others weren't, but damnit if the beats dont scream "GOODNESS!!!!" Yeah, nice work RVP \m/ (>.<) \m/.

#108680 by psychotic
Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:17 am
He does a great job on this.

I honestly think that Ryan is one of the best drummers out there that plays really awesome stuff, but at the same time stuff that fits right in with the music. This is a great show of it (Synchestra).

#108691 by sj_2150
Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:41 am
i love on the dvd in the tour vid when they take off his beanie put some crap in it and put it back on and he keeps drumming :P

#108702 by Eth Eonel
Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:29 am
sj_2150 wrote: put some crap in it

Also known as ice cubes.

#108723 by funny_little_guy
Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:16 am
I've always put crap in my drinks instead of ice cubes.... adds more of a zing. On-topic I love the drumming on this album, the double bass work is awsome when it comes in, and there some parts that are so groovy. Only listened twice so far, but right now its just been all awsome.

#108743 by Aziraphale
Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:19 am
Hear hear. Cheers to RVP for a really spectacular bit of drumwork.

#108744 by Vincent J.
Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:22 am
Eth Eonel wrote:
sj_2150 wrote: put some crap in it

Also known as ice cubes.

:D

#108764 by Drumdude13
Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:38 am
Hey everyone,

I posted a reply to a comment thread that was very similar to this one in the RVP Discussion. So here it is...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm extremely proud of the DVD and Synchestra.

Synchestra is by far the most fave album I've EVER played on ! I love how the songs flow together and I love the drum parts that I was allowed to play. I think Dev did an amazing job on producing the drums on this album, as he always does. The drumming is technical, groovy, simplistic at times when needed and most importantly, the drumming is all about playing for the song's on this album. Dev did an amazing job producing the whole album ! It's really nice to hear all the positive feedback, I'm glad you all like the album.

As far as the DVD, I love it as well. It truly captures how we are live for the most part. I think it's a great performance BUT believe it or not, I know I could've played a bit better in parts I'm really picky when it comes to my own drumming. I think the rest of the band was amazing. I still think we have had tighter performances (not taking anything away from the DVD or especially the band), but we only had a week to practice for this DVD !!! Overall it's a great representation of the band and I love it !

Again, thanks for the very kind words everyone. I'm really happy you all enjoy the new album and DVD ! It makes me even more proud of this brilliant album !

All the best,

Ryan

#108872 by sj_2150
Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:18 pm
Ryan rules. he even thanked us in the booklet! :D

#108964 by Blazingmonga
Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:13 am
The drumming here is very, very impressive. I still haven't got my head around Ryan's work on the Non-Human Level album, but this is something else.

All those Rusty Trombones from Lars must have paid off!

#108972 by Das Schuetzenfest
Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 am
I especially love the double bass part in "Baby Song" at 3:40 min, the cymbal (and stacks, I guess) work at 4:30 min. in "Gaia" and in "Sunset".

Virgil Donati who? :wink:

Oh, and:
Drumdude 13 - Posts: 667

I hope you did celebrate your 666th post on this forum! :twisted:

#109088 by hog
Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:40 pm
sj_2150 wrote:Ryan rules. he even thanked us in the booklet! :D

Yeah, that was really cool.

Ryan's drumming seriously kicks ass on this album. Love the cymbal work, tons of groove.

#109124 by Catfood
Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:37 pm
I have to say, I wasn't a fan of the drumming on AE, but the drumming on Sychestra is top class.

#109150 by Brainwashed
Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:15 am
Hah, I was just thinking about how stunning the drumwork here was. Just fantastic...I really love good drumming.

Favorite song, drum-wise? I haven't decided myself, but I'm curious about what everyone else thinks.

#109157 by S D M F
Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:56 am
Brainwashed wrote:Hah, I was just thinking about how stunning the drumwork here was. Just fantastic...I really love good drumming.

Favorite song, drum-wise? I haven't decided myself, but I'm curious about what everyone else thinks.

Right now, hands down would be "Hypergeek". SO badass how the song just gets completely BLOWN APART! at the 0:59 mark, and how the beats switch up countless times. Just awesome work. But who knows I hate to pick one, but i have to...i tend to change my mind a lot! :D