You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#113155 by EternalMetal
Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:17 pm
I must be the only one who doesnt like the bass bombs too much. Its not that im annoyed by them at all (Devin DOES NOT overuse them), its just that I dont think it adds much to the music. But there are a few songs where I couldnt live without them (The opening of Imperial, opening of Shitstorm, mainly just a few songs on Alien), but other than that, I just hate the way they make the highs drop on mostly any sub-uber stereo system. I havent noticed really any of the bass bombs on Synchestra that I couldnt live without.

But I do like hearing some of them in my car. As the only quality stereo system in my house being my headphones, I usually go to my car when I want to hear bass bombs and bass heavy music. I have an Elemental Designs e12a, which sounds fucking excellent. Its vented and tuned to 33 hz, and I love the way it sounds.I just wish Elemental Designs would stick with one design, cause their constant switching pisses me off. But the sub I have is top notch, definitely compares to the W7 line of JL subs, and imo sounds better. The rest of my speakers are amped Infinity Reference 6.5", and I really have grown to like them a lot. I just love how soft they sound, not intrusive with the highs, but when I tune my headunit, I can make them as bright as I want them.

#113203 by Socialenemy69
Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:02 pm
^^^ Word Infinity Speakers are great. I have some Reference series 6 1/2 " components getting 1oo watts RMS to the from my Kicker amp, very nice and clean sound.

#113331 by EternalMetal
Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:43 am
Socialenemy69 wrote:^^^ Word Infinity Speakers are great. I have some Reference series 6 1/2 " components getting 1oo watts RMS to the from my Kicker amp, very nice and clean sound.

I seriously like the References better than the Kappas. My brother has a set of Kappas and they really lack midbass. I am sure I can find a better speaker, but Im happy with the References and thats all that counts. I just love the way anything sounds out of them. I think mine are getting 50 RMS a speaker. I dont remember, its been a while since I installed it. But I know my e12a is getting 900 RMS from a Tsunami amp. Its more like 1000 RMS, because they under-rate the wattage. I didnt get a "report card", but most people's Tsunamis that say 900 RMS at 4 ohm are really 1004 or around there RMS at 4 ohm. And for those of you who know their stuff about installations and dont just throw in a walmart sub and say it sounds good, I did do my car the right way. Everything is wired up correctly and I know that peak power doesnt mean shit. Its just a bigger number for teenagers who dont know shit to brag about.

#113356 by Paroxyst
Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:17 pm
armheadmcgee wrote:
Paroxyst wrote:You've got no hope with headphones mate. It's definitely going to digitally clip the fuck out when you're trying to pump up frequencies that those little transducers just can't produce... ;)

Not true!

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DT770pro/

That's what I've got...they've got a frequency response of 5 Hz-35,000 Hz...pretty ridiculous if you ask me (For the noobs out there, the average human ear can only hear 20-20,000 Hz, and that's extremely generous...). But I'll be damned if the bass bombs don't sound awesome in those babies!

Don't believe everything you read mate. :wink:

"Frequency response" only means they got the transducers it to do something when they stuck a whole lot of current up them. It does not reflect how accurate frequency response is throughout the spectrum, and I can tell you right now that you're not going to be hearing a lot below 60Hz coming out of tranducers that small, that close to you ears...

Look like cool cans though! :D

#113359 by 7lights
Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:30 pm
Also they don't put the tolerence in some specs, pro audio is frequency responce + or - 3 dB, so when you look at frequency response you have to take that into account too.

#113380 by danceswithchickens
Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:29 pm
EternalMetal wrote:I must be the only one who doesnt like the bass bombs too much. Its not that im annoyed by them at all (Devin DOES NOT overuse them), its just that I dont think it adds much to the music. But there are a few songs where I couldnt live without them (The opening of Imperial, opening of Shitstorm, mainly just a few songs on Alien), but other than that, I just hate the way they make the highs drop on mostly any sub-uber stereo system. I havent noticed really any of the bass bombs on Synchestra that I couldnt live without.

But I do like hearing some of them in my car. As the only quality stereo system in my house being my headphones, I usually go to my car when I want to hear bass bombs and bass heavy music. I have an Elemental Designs e12a, which sounds fucking excellent. Its vented and tuned to 33 hz, and I love the way it sounds.I just wish Elemental Designs would stick with one design, cause their constant switching pisses me off. But the sub I have is top notch, definitely compares to the W7 line of JL subs, and imo sounds better. The rest of my speakers are amped Infinity Reference 6.5", and I really have grown to like them a lot. I just love how soft they sound, not intrusive with the highs, but when I tune my headunit, I can make them as bright as I want them.

e12A? No shit! I used to have a 15A! It was fucking awesome...but the poor thing had a heart attack while playing "Miss Machine" by Dillinger Escape Plan. They sent me a 16Ov2 to replace it, and I loved that as well. But I sold it and I now use a 12W7. Very different sub than either of the eD subs. It was more of an acquired taste for me, but I absolutely love it. I power it with an Elemental NINe.2X amp. Good combo indeed.

I'm also very close to getting some high-end CDT components for my doors...