You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#109488 by King Fear
Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:51 am
... "Deadhead" and "Away" on the Synchestra bonus DVD are arguably the most intense musical performances I've ever seen or heard, anywhere. The expression on Dev's face alone when he sings the "Will you save me? ...babe...babe...babe..." parts gives me the goose bumps (in a good way). I mean, I know those songs literally since years now, but I never felt anything like this before.

#109499 by FlatHead
Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:33 am
Same here. And the Deep Peace part is the cherry on the cake :)

#109511 by EphelDuath666
Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:22 am
I'm with you there...gives me goose bumps all over my scrotum!

(Edit: what a typo)
Last edited by EphelDuath666 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

#109513 by Biert
Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:26 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:I'm with you there...gives my goose bumps all over my scrotum!

Gotta love that feeling

#109525 by Coma Divine
Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:15 am
What? Givin' Lars goosebumps on the old marble pouch? :D

Actually, I agree with KF too. When "Deadhead" kicked in it was kinda overwhelming. Would be massive in concert.

#109534 by Blazingmonga
Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:55 am
I agree. Such an intense sound on the DVD too! Excellent stuff.
#109619 by drukore
Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:09 pm
King Fear wrote:... "Deadhead" and "Away" on the Synchestra bonus DVD are arguably the most intense musical performances I've ever seen or heard, anywhere. The expression on Dev's face alone when he sings the "Will you save me? ...babe...babe...babe..." parts gives me the goose bumps (in a good way). I mean, I know those songs literally since years now, but I never felt anything like this before.

shit dood. I was there. half us were teary eyed during the away/deep peace solo. it was unreal.

#109653 by Mulzi
Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:08 pm
My feelings exactly! Those two songs, live, just somehow... do magic

#109659 by rgx612a
Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:51 pm
Yeah, it's a brilliant vocal performance by Dev on Deadhead. Musically the whole set is tight. To get a little critical, i always thought Away was on the self indulgent side. I especially felt that way on the DVD perfomance when Devin breaks into those sweep picked arpeggios, it adds nothing of musical value to the song IMO. The Deep Peace interlude more than makes up for it though.

#109671 by EternalMetal
Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:14 pm
[quote="rgx612a"]Yeah, it's a brilliant vocal performance by Dev on Deadhead. Musically the whole set is tight. To get a little critical, i always thought Away was on the self indulgent side. I especially felt that way on the DVD perfomance when Devin breaks into those sweep picked arpeggios, it adds nothing of musical value to the song IMO. The Deep Peace interlude more than makes up for it though.[/quote

You suck :lol: The solo is fucking amazing. And whats wrong with self-indulgent?

#109699 by Janne
Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:26 am
That's all in the eye/mind/ear of the beholder, my friend. ;)

I for one never saw it that way. (Self-indulgent, that is...)

#109781 by rgx612a
Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:40 pm
Janne wrote:That's all in the eye/mind/ear of the beholder, my friend. ;)

I for one never saw it that way. (Self-indulgent, that is...)

Well for the most part Devin's playing is pretty reserved and melodic, it's just that sweep picking and tapping stuff near the end that I don't dig too much. To each his own though.

#109794 by EternalMetal
Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:57 pm
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:I hate self-indulgent music!

you must be sarcastic considering the music that you are currently listening to (Dream Theater). If you HATE self indulgent music, then the Dream Theater guys would have to be top on your hit list :lol: