You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#110312 by Kristopher
Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:49 am
plus i wanna say i want one mastered onto vinyl...

then thats all i wanna say.... sorry

#110313 by Paroxyst
Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:49 am
Kristopher wrote:
danceswithchickens wrote:Easily some his best work production-wise on Synchestra. I don't think anything on here could sound any better than it does.

thats all I want to say...

Mmmmm... me too... :)

#110318 by Kristopher
Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:57 am
a good crossover... a good speaker set up.. and most of what we get nowerdays will sound good given the right set up.

#110392 by Spiral
Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:55 pm
I agree with Paroxyst, he made good observations that also show he's a pro, or at least erudite.

#110395 by rudidejong
Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:16 pm
Yes and Behringer sucks b.t.w :-)

#110473 by CompSciStud4U
Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:47 pm
Just a quick note on the radio broadcast use of compression. The station I DJ on uses a very high compression ration and a limiter on our outgoing signal. This is not only to limit the dynamic range, but also to help prevent bleed through to other frequencies of the radio spectrum.

On a side note, when stations originally began to switch to CD's in the 80's they did not use compression, but listeners complained that the extended dyanmic range sounded weird and they had to play with their volume knobs too much.

#110477 by gurp13
Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:57 pm
Coma Divine wrote:That's a fair point, but neither is it of any use to have a thread where there is no actual discussion of the specific root topic going on... :?

Of course I wanna leave this thread open because it is of prime interest, but as with everything - "discuss", not "diss". :)

Personally, I always try to discuss. Even if I'm discussing behavior, I try to keep it from being insulting.

#110478 by gurp13
Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:02 pm
Paroxyst wrote:
Kristopher wrote:
danceswithchickens wrote:Easily some his best work production-wise on Synchestra. I don't think anything on here could sound any better than it does.

thats all I want to say...

Mmmmm... me too... :)

I think the album sounds fuckin' good! But, then, I have poor audio equipment and lead ears. :) Anyway, besides some quibbling about the drum sound (for some reason it sounds sorta flat or "under" the mix) I love the sound of this album. I really love a lot of the ambience that bleeds through, especially on Pixillate. And, the piano on Triumph and a couple of the others is awesome.

#110526 by Paroxyst
Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:31 am
Spiral wrote:I agree with Paroxyst, he made good observations that also show he's a pro, or at least erudite.

Thanks spiral. :wink:

rudidejong wrote:Yes and Behringer sucks b.t.w :-)

I think beef_balonga was just trying to make a fool out of me.

It's funny, but I had to giggle when I remember how woeful the Behringer Truths were when I first happened upon them and had a listen. I could scarcely believe that the salesman was seriously trying to pitch this speaker to me as a monitor. It sounded like a hi-fi-wanker system - a real "smiley face" feel to it with no richness in the mids and overly exaggerated low mids.

CompSciStud4U wrote:This is not only to limit the dynamic range, but also to help prevent bleed through to other frequencies of the radio spectrum.

That's interesting... thanks! :D

CompSciStud4U wrote:On a side note, when stations originally began to switch to CD's in the 80's they did not use compression, but listeners complained that the extended dyanmic range sounded weird and they had to play with their volume knobs too much.

Yeah, I'd believe that...

#110706 by BLOOOR
Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:46 pm
wow, that does make sense about the radio spectrum

as for all the nitpicking.. nitpick away!
why the hell not
i love the album, and I know i'm gonna spend the next few months really getting into it. but for the time being the more obvious aspects are worthy of discussion
although i officially have no more to say on this topic ;)