You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#110003 by Parrish
Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Anyone have any ideas on what Dev's saying in Hypergeek starting at around :33? Kinda inconsequential, but still I'd like to hear some theories. Sounds to me like Do... Not... Eat... Salad... Somethin... Somethin. Heh, I don't know.
Just have to say, the album is truly killer. Not at all what I was expecting. Can't listen to it without a huge shit eating grin on my face!

#110007 by Eth Eonel
Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:23 pm
What!? Are you deaf, or are you just kidding?

He says: Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four.

#110061 by Atari
Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:36 am
Yeah, it's the countdown.

#110091 by ALieN
Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:10 am
hahah thats probably the best/worst misinterpretation I've ever heard :D
#110096 by Das Schuetzenfest
Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:36 am
Parrish wrote:Sounds to me like Do... Not... Eat... Salad... Somethin... Somethin.

Yup, it's the same as the intro of Testament's "Demonic" album:

"Do... Not... Eat... Salad... Somethin... Somethin... Somethin... "

And then all hell breaks loose! :twisted:

#110126 by Biert
Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:50 am
Haha that's an Earth Day interpretation. Don't eat you beets, Do Not Eat Salads!!!!

#110221 by Kristopher
Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:37 pm
theres some deep messages there...
all those years my parents spent making me eat greens, now wasted... dev said do not eat salad.... thou shalt not.

#110259 by VelvetKevorkian429
Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:57 pm
I noticed that theres a low mumbling throughout almost the entire song..

or i may just be hearing things..
#110262 by gurp13
Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:06 pm
Parrish wrote:Anyone have any ideas on what Dev's saying in Hypergeek starting at around :33? Kinda inconsequential, but still I'd like to hear some theories. Sounds to me like Do... Not... Eat... Salad... Somethin... Somethin. Heh, I don't know.
Just have to say, the album is truly killer. Not at all what I was expecting. Can't listen to it without a huge shit eating grin on my face!

That's alright, Parrish, it took me a few listens to realize he was counting down. I think it's confusing because 4, 3, 2, 1 are missing from the countdown. They're silent.
#114746 by goncalobcunha
Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:11 pm
Parrish wrote:Anyone have any ideas on what Dev's saying in Hypergeek starting at around :33? Kinda inconsequential, but still I'd like to hear some theories. Sounds to me like Do... Not... Eat... Salad... Somethin... Somethin. Heh, I don't know.

that was funny, man...you made me laugh...a positive laugh!

aren't you tom parrish?

#114825 by BrunoN
Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:02 pm
If we are on hearing impaired fans (I am, I officialy can't distinguish 128kbit LAME encoded mp3 from original CD audio - and people say the difference is laarge), am I correct, if I'm hearing Dev screaming "sing it!" and "wait!" just before Deborah's part on Pixillate?

Because it summons funny picture in my head - Dev conducting entire band like a rabid version of Herbert von Karajan, waving his hand towards Deborah (in "hold on! just a moment" fashion) and yelling above mentioned commands.

Oh, and that "thank you" after Deborah's part also fits the picture.

#114829 by Naffis-kun
Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:23 pm
Hmm.. lol.. this is too weird.
People are discovering new mumblings from the album all the time.

Let's just say there's low mumbling everywhere throughout the record, ok ;)?