You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#110415 by earworm
Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:55 pm
I really love the samples in synchestra, i was hoping for an album full of epic vocal melodies, huge layered guitars, and nature sounding samples and i got it. woohoo! I love this album, i can't decide if it's my favorite yet or not, definitely in the top3 devin albums for me. Ocean machine, terria and synchestra, synchestra will rotate in that list though.

#110441 by mo
Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:13 pm
Give it some time before you decide. Sometimes I'll get a new album and think, "holy shit this is my new favourite album" then as time progresses realise that it actually isn't.

#112386 by earworm
Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:07 pm
Yeah i've listened to this album numerous times now and it has a really cool dynamic to it. It's like the beginning catches your attention and sucks you in, the middle takes you to another place and the end lightens up a bit so you can do it all over again. Yep i really agree with devin that it's like a cross between ocean machine and terria. To me these three albums seem really related for the lack of a better word. AE is great so is phycisist but more like cousins to synchestra ocean machine and terria. oh and infinity kind of stands on it's own to me although there are some really inifinity type songs on synchestra. I love this album my opinion has only gotten better with it the more i listen to it, it's freaking awesome!
#112633 by danceswithchickens
Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:18 am
earworm wrote:I really love the samples in synchestra, i was hoping for an album full of epic vocal melodies, huge layered guitars, and nature sounding samples and i got it. woohoo! I love this album, i can't decide if it's my favorite yet or not, definitely in the top3 devin albums for me. Ocean machine, terria and synchestra, synchestra will rotate in that list though.

I agree 100%. I like this album more than Infinity, at least as much as Terria and almost as much as Biomech. Physicist is amazing but doesn't have as much depth as Synchestra. There is just so much cool shit on this album, as though Devin wanted to put every good melody he had into it.

#113745 by earworm
Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:11 am
Yeah, this album is like an amalgomation of terria ocean machine and inifity to me.

#113760 by Mudtrailer
Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 am
mo wrote:Give it some time before you decide. Sometimes I'll get a new album and think, "holy shit this is my new favourite album" then as time progresses realise that it actually isn't.

I feel the same way when getting a new album usually. its funny how that is. this album is pretty amazing though, there are pieces that Im liking more and more in it and I have now had it for a considerable amount of time. SO the original "awe" is still here for me

#113799 by Cav
Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:23 pm
earworm wrote:Yeah, this album is like an amalgomation of terria ocean machine and inifity to me.

I hear a lot of Terria in there too. It'll be interesting what we all think in a few months' time.

#113801 by Cav
Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:28 pm
earworm wrote:Yeah, this album is like an amalgomation of terria ocean machine and inifity to me.

I hear a lot of Terria in there too. It'll be interesting what we all think in a few months' time.