You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#110792 by organic spiral
Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:36 pm
The little violin symphony ditty at the end of Mental Tan, I love how its kind of in the distance and surreal.

#110814 by a_random_person
Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:40 pm
I may be wrong but every now and then, I either think I'm hearing those frogs in Hypergeek again throughout the record when I least suspect it or I'm actually hearing them because Dev scattered em around. And somewhere through Judgement, I hear a sound that seems to mimmick a frog and I could SWEAR I heard it on a previous song on Synchestra but I can't find it anymore.

I suppose I could find more when I have to freedom to light a joint and listen to this little big piece of work. That's how I found those crazy trippy sounds on Terria. In fact, they're on pretty much most of his records. I can't believe I'm still discovering hidden treasures after approximately 3 years.

#110821 by pixillator
Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:33 pm
organic spiral wrote:The little violin symphony ditty at the end of Mental Tan, I love how its kind of in the distance and surreal.

I love the violins part!!! mental tan is so different than the rest of the tracks...the second aawakening as Dev said. I wish Devin writes an instrumental album full mental tan-like music...

#110822 by pixillator
Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:46 pm
oh how did I forget?One of my favourotite moments the transition from Judgement to A simple lullaby. It makes me feel like ummm....I can't describe it, it's weird.And detail that makes the music even more sentimental is the string bends that come in at about 18 seconds in the song.

#110995 by Shamnera
Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:08 pm
Ike wrote:the rhythmic vocal part goind "da-da-da da-da-da-da-da-da-da..." in pixillate.

Mine too....:)

#111003 by Matthijs K.
Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:20 pm
a_random_person wrote:I may be wrong but every now and then, I either think I'm hearing those frogs in Hypergeek again throughout the record when I least suspect it or I'm actually hearing them because Dev scattered em around. And somewhere through Judgement, I hear a sound that seems to mimmick a frog and I could SWEAR I heard it on a previous song on Synchestra but I can't find it anymore.

I suppose I could find more when I have to freedom to light a joint and listen to this little big piece of work. That's how I found those crazy trippy sounds on Terria. In fact, they're on pretty much most of his records. I can't believe I'm still discovering hidden treasures after approximately 3 years.

I haven't heard any more, but now I'm gonna try and search for any. If there's more we can create a frog-spotting thread!

#111247 by gurp13
Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am
There's an ambient noise underneath most of Pixillate, an echoey "tink-tink-tink" noise. You can hear it near the beginning about a minute in when the song moves from the opening riff into the melody proper. I don't know why but that bit always makes me grin. It sounds so fucking cool.

#111259 by Chris
Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:26 am
gurp13 wrote:It sounds so fucking cool.

I guess I know what you mean - and yeah, it does sound so fucking cool. That's our Dev, that's one of the reasons why I love the man. Sometimes he adds little details which just sound amazing within the song's context. Samples no one else would ever think of. Oh wait, I can only speak for myself, right?

*sigh*

"Samples I would never think of"

#111337 by Sowdust
Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:29 pm
The "Salman Rushdie" chant... Just can't get it out of my head...