You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#110765 by Miek
Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:35 am
This song would be amazing to hear live, and usually songs on Devin's setlists are generally towards the beginning of the album (he barely plays anything past 4 off of OM besides Regulator). Does that mean that Triumph will be one of those songs played? I was wondering if it is possible due to the Vai solo at the end.

#110781 by VelvetKevorkian429
Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:19 pm
That would kick ass if Vai tagged along for the tour as a guest.

I think Triumph would be a really hard song to play live. with that little bluegrass part and, like you said, Vai's solo

#110790 by Torniojaws
Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:30 pm
I'm quite sure Steve Vai is more than busy with his own tours solo and in G3 ;)

It might only happen at some special occurences.

#110791 by IronMaiden736
Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:33 pm
I'm pretty sure Ryan said somewhere they were probably playing that song...I can't find the thread at the moment I'll keep looking

#110793 by IronMaiden736
Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:37 pm
I found it

Drumdude13 wrote:
BaldMosher446 wrote:Ryan, if you see this, do you have any idea what songs you guys will play off Synchestra at this point in time? I'm really curious to know!

It's really tough to say....

I'll let you know that last night the dtb jammed and we played Notes from Africa, Pixillate, Gaia, Vampira and Triumph. We may play different songs from Synchestra the next jam, we're just testing the waters for the Synchestra material. Dev basically said that we will jam out for the next week or so and decide what songs will be best for the Opeth tour and our Headlining shows. We only have a 30 minute set on the Opeth Tour, so I think we'll play a couple from Synchestra forsure and then a few from the other albums.

For our own headlining shows, like the one in Toronto, we'll end up playing songs from every album and a couple more Synchestra songs probably.

So to answer your question....it's all up in the air right now. Don't worry though, we'll kick your ass with whatever setlist we choose :twisted: I promise you that !!!!!

RVP

#110888 by Biert
Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:37 am
Torniojaws wrote:I'm quite sure Steve Vai is more than busy with his own tours solo and in G3 ;)

How about DTB supporting Vai or G3? Steve Vai could just pop by on stage, as warming up or something :P
And maybe Dev could sing a Sex & Religion song in return.

#110911 by Kristopher
Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:45 am
Torniojaws wrote:I'm quite sure Steve Vai is more than busy with his own tours solo and in G3 ;)

allright... dev... when you gonna show g3 what you got????

#110912 by VelvetKevorkian429
Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:51 am
I think Dev would kick ass at G3. After seeing what he can do in the DVD I think he's got full potential of owning G3

#110914 by Kristopher
Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:59 am
Fully... why did vai touch him so many years ago.... one of the gods in guitar had faith... so many years down the track and now devy is seasonned... after the new strapping I think we as old school dedicated fans will still be amazed

#110962 by Greg Reason
Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:02 pm
Pixilliate and Gaia are the bigguns. They can play whatever else they want, just so long as they do those two.

#110988 by death84
Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:16 pm
Yea i agree it would be great if devin would do a G3 but G3 is satches baby an i think it would be up to him who they have, steve just tags along, to see some songs off sex an religion an triumph played would make for an awesome night.

#111000 by Matthijs K.
Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:16 pm
Am I the only one who thinks G3 is non-interesting musical wankery?

#111001 by VelvetKevorkian429
Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:17 pm
Have you ever listened to the CDs or watched the DVDs?

#111037 by BlueRaja
Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:48 pm
Matthijs K. wrote:Am I the only one who thinks G3 is non-interesting musical wankery?

Yes!

Er...well...I certainly don't agree, especially after seeing one live. *drool*