You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#115028 by Mr. Hell
Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:53 pm
I wish every decent band had the budgets of most of those "popular" and shitty bands out there in the big time.
Further proof that the world is ass-backwards.
#115505 by gurp13
Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:01 am
Mr. Hell wrote:I wish every decent band had the budgets of most of those "popular" and shitty bands out there in the big time.
Further proof that the world is ass-backwards.

Replying to this, and Ro's post...

I think this is why so many record companies are terrified of downloading. It's not so much that they are losing money due to lost record sales. It is the democratizing factor as they lose control of the market. They can't guarantee a hit by shoving it down our throats until we like it.

Witness this underground metal movement that is making it's way to the surface. What scares the record companies is that they didn't see it coming.

Then, there's the mp3's. I don't even listen to the radio anymore, except for news. I put on my iPod and a playlist that randomly picks songs based on my ratings. I hear my favorite songs more often and still hear other songs occassionally. So, I have my own radio station that throws in DTB, SYL and also my Foo Fighters, Nevermore, Rush, Steve Vai, etc. I can't even get that on XM radio. When I want to find out about new music I go to the internet. I read what's going on here and some other websites, all independent of the major radio stations and record labels.

That's what scares the record companies.

#115849 by danceswithchickens
Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:44 am
So I guess the moral of the story is that "Vampira" is indeed a good single, but more importantly, it was the only song that could have worked as such...

#115872 by funny_little_guy
Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:07 am
danceswithchickens wrote:So I guess the moral of the story is that "Vampira" is indeed a good single, but more importantly, it was the only song that could have worked as such...
Pretty much danceswithchickens.... pretty much

#117141 by danceswithchickens
Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:59 pm
Well, after watching the video I'm pretty sure there's little chance of anyone taking the song seriously, anyway...

#117169 by Pisshead
Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:36 pm
I can still take it seriously on CD :D

Haven't got to the point were the video is burnt onto my mind

#117199 by Persuader
Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:31 am
Hehe, saw the vid the other day, not quite what I expected! :D The dance, oh the dance...