You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#113566 by asparagusDuck
Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:04 am
So if you've been lucky enough to see the guys on tour, what's your favorite live song off synchestra?

At the Hartford show we got Gaia, Pixillate and Vampolka/pira. All 3 were pretty sweet. I really loved pixillate, I was really impressed. dev nailed the female vocal part. However, I'd have to say that Vampolka and Vampira made the night for me. As soon as the goofyness of vampolka started up I was like 'no way...are they actually playing vampolka??' (I didnt see any of the setlists from previous shows so i wasnt sure what was gonna be played) and Vampira is a perfect live song, its so easy to get into, especially the 'hey! hey!'

man i wish i could go see them again, definitely some of the best live music ive had the chance to experience. 33 mins isnt enough! :D

#113580 by djskrimp
Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:35 am
Since I was EXTREMELY lucky and got the extended set at Raleigh, I got to see them play:

Gaia
Triumph
Pixillate
Vampolka
Vampira

I really dug what they did with Triumph, but I can't help but vote for Pixillate, as Dev's singing on it was the absolute crackers

#113621 by asparagusDuck
Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:10 pm
damn triumph must have been so sweet. what did they do with the banjo solo and the vai solo?

#113649 by SirJuzzi
Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:16 am
The same question has been haunting me too, please someone answer to it. :P

#113671 by djskrimp
Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:51 am
They did the banjo breakdown using distorted guitars, and it sounded really good. Dev did not do the Vai solo, he ended the song without the Vai solo, but with his own shorter solo.

#113675 by Deathcom7000
Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:13 am
Thats cool. if he played the Vai solo, it would sort of beat the point of Vai playing it in the first place.
#113829 by Mr. Hell
Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:05 pm
Pixillate and Triumph are amazing live, as are all the new ones. And the old ones!
Ok, I am going to stop swinging off DTB's live performance nuts. They were just plain great!
No more exuberant exclaimations from me on the matter.

#113907 by danceswithchickens
Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:46 am
All of the new shit was absolutely fucking brilliant. They nailed it all just about perfectly...

#114021 by asparagusDuck
Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:30 pm
have they played anything off it besides triumph, vampolka/pira, gaia, and pixillate?

oh man hypergeek would be amazing live. so would anything, but especially hypergeek.

#114152 by the_scoon
Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:09 pm
Yeah, I'd love to see Hypergeek live. *click* *click* *click* *click* "HEY!" *explosion*

I'd love to see DTB live in general too, that'd be cool...