You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#113718 by Coma Divine
Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:34 pm
It pisses me off slightly that they couldn't be bothered showing a pic, but the only "2 disc" Synchestra I know is the one with the DVD...so I'd say it is a safe bet that it's the one.
If you're still doubtful - contact their Customer Service. There's a link in the Suggestion Box towards the bottom of that page.

#113732 by shredi knight
Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:50 am
This is the very same thing I had asked on here a couple weeks ago.The opinion was that it must be the DVD version,so on Jan 30th I ordered it from Amazon (Hevy Devy Records wasn't taking credit card orders for the Synchestra SE at the time) and I waited.........and waited.According to Amazon's tracking page,it was to be shipped on Feb 9th and arrive between Feb 13th & 14th.By the night of Feb 15th not only had I still not received it,the tracking page said it still had not even been shipped yet.So I canceled my Amazon order,ordered it from Hevy Devy Records (who were by then taking credit card orders),and it arrived in less than 6 days.Not only does the HDR'S version come in a double CD jewel case,not an inferior digi-pack (what I suspect Amazon probably has),come with HDR and SYL newsletters and a merchandice ordering form,come with a song by song written commentary on Synchestra by Devin,it was also $5.00 cheaper for me since HDR's price is $1.99 less than Amazon's and they don't charge for shipping.

I also see Amazon now has March 2 as the release date [cough]BULLSHIT[/cough],when it said Feb 14th when I ordered mine.I would still be waiting for it.And who knows,they could change the release date again.

So what I'm trying to say is,screw Amazon and just order it from here :

http://hevydevy.com/hdr_mainpage.html

:P

#113736 by Atari
Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:25 am
Plus you'll get a smiley face.

#113739 by funny_little_guy
Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:22 am
Even if it was more expencive id order from HDR just for the smiley face.

#113764 by asparagusDuck
Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:59 am
yeah i would have ordered it from hevydevy, i usually get all my crap from here. my friend was supposed to get it for me as an xmas gift but doesnt want to order from hevydevy because he has an amazon gift card. im thinking maybe i should just tell him to forget about it and ill order it myself from here.

#113765 by Tatann
Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:12 am
The DVD edition's got a label "Special Edition" in the bottom of the cover, that's all I can say
but Amazon.com seems to have no cover which is kinda weird since other sites (like Amazon.fr) have covers for both editions :D
#113832 by Mr. Hell
Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:17 pm
I bought my copy of Synchestra from the merch table at the CD release show, and it was $3 more than the record store I saw it in earlier that day.
But you know what? You gotta support the music you love at all costs so the artist can continue their journey and freedom.
$3 more and worth every penny.

Although, I guess not buying it from a retailer does exclude the disc from SoundScans and the like. I wonder what would be more effective, mode of purchase-wise?

#113870 by blakmetalemp
Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:49 am
My copy from HDR was autographed. Anyone else get one on theirs? Im assuming that only so many were signed?

#113872 by BrunoN
Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:01 am
blakmetalemp wrote:My copy from HDR was autographed. Anyone else get one on theirs? Im assuming that only so many were signed?

Mine too. Yay for Dev and Tracy :)

#113883 by Lolliklauer
Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:33 am
As far as i know the first 100 of the HDR-double-jewelcase-edition got signed.

#113909 by glidis
Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:52 am
shredi knight wrote:Not only does the HDR'S version come in a double CD jewel case,not an inferior digi-pack (what I suspect Amazon probably has)

Digi-packs? inferior? i rather have a sturdy digipak rather then a shitty 2cd jewel case that breaks all to easy.

#113919 by Biert
Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:03 am
Atari wrote:Plus you'll get a smiley face.

And a jewell case

#114003 by DeadPatient
Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:49 pm
I ordered mine before the mention that the copies would be autographed. So when I saw that, I thought mine would be, but when I got it, it wasnt.

#114018 by SmashingTool
Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:57 pm
Digipacks are so much sexier than jewel cases.