You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#119050 by sj_2150
Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:17 am
Coma Divine wrote:I tell ya...if he goes looking in here for lyrical inspiration, then Lord help us!! :lol:

if he did there would be a song called "rusty trombone" on synchestra

#119056 by Tracy
Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:14 am
Mudtrailer wrote:
Tracy wrote:There is really no deep meaning or connection to anything behind it. Devin just liked the way it sounded.

hahahah thats great. and whats awesome about Dev's lyrics on a wehole. Terria especially, he said " it just sounded good" ...... I think thats great.

Speaking of sounding good, same song Gaia:
in the later part of the song, the back ground voice repeats...?
what is he saying?

"Be the one that everybody... strives? ..... er? anybody?

"See the world through everybody's eyes
Know you have to go alone"

#119057 by Tracy
Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:21 am
EternalMetal wrote:
Tracy wrote:There is really no deep meaning or connection to anything behind it. Devin just liked the way it sounded.

But really, I can tie a deeper meaning to that exact phrase.

In reconstructionist Judaism, a guy named Mordechai changed the way certain people practice Judaism. He reinterpreted the sacred scripture and made it so that women had a more fair gender role in comparison to men. In the past, Judaism was pretty sexist, and this man changed that to an extent. So Devin saying "She's a woman, feel good Mordecai" would imply that the women can finally feel good because they will now be treated more fairly. Then by overanylyzation you could add any meaning to this. Even though he may have not intended this connection, it is very coincidental.

<Dev nervously looks around and says> "Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I knew that" :shock:

#119078 by sj_2150
Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:38 am
fucking hell! Dev gets some fucking depth in his lyrics!

#119154 by gurp13
Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:15 pm
Sure, Tracy. And when Mordechai Townsend is born we'll all know the truth.

#119279 by Mudtrailer
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:46 pm
Tracy wrote:
"See the world through everybody's eyes
Know you have to go alone"

Thanks, T!
I was simply stumped and its so softly spoken I couldnt make it out!
Cheers,
M

#119285 by hairy
Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:14 pm
Tracy wrote:
EternalMetal wrote:

But really, I can tie a deeper meaning to that exact phrase.

In reconstructionist Judaism, a guy named Mordechai changed the way certain people practice Judaism. He reinterpreted the sacred scripture and made it so that women had a more fair gender role in comparison to men. In the past, Judaism was pretty sexist, and this man changed that to an extent. So Devin saying "She's a woman, feel good Mordecai" would imply that the women can finally feel good because they will now be treated more fairly. Then by overanylyzation you could add any meaning to this. Even though he may have not intended this connection, it is very coincidental.

<Dev nervously looks around and says> "Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I knew that" :shock:

he he
priceless!
:lol:

#119629 by danceswithchickens
Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:13 am

Probably like a lot of his lyrics, which is why I find it amusing when people over-analyze them...