You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#121457 by lauscho
Sat May 13, 2006 7:05 am
666zombo666 wrote:if i remeber reading the interview with right it WAS a left over song from infinity and if you listen to infinity start to finish like we all love doing it would fit in there but with devs growth it could only fit one place now and thats synchestra. (only my opinion and i reserve the right to make it so no bad-mouthing please). :D

From what I remember of Devin's pre-release description of the album, he said that he had the song's "strange melody" in his head since Infinity, which doesn't necessarily mean that he wrote/demoed/recorded it then. But it definitely is from around the "Infinity" era. Maybe he just didn't figure out the correct notes for the melody until now, and then decided to build a song around it. It's happened to me on a number of occasions :P

#121468 by 666zombo666
Sat May 13, 2006 9:14 am
i didin't mean a left over song that was recorded just you know left over from that era.

#123142 by Lumiere
Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:40 am
Wasn't Notes From Africa originally going to be on Terria, but Dev didn't think it fit the mood of the album?
#123737 by Cygnus
Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:26 pm
VelvetKevorkian429 wrote:does anyone get a Terria feel when they listen to Notes From Africa? it being a 'demo' song from the Terria album era and all
I honestly don't really feel it. I think I know why it was never put on the album. It really is more Synchestra like (although I don't know what I would call it in the time Synchestra wasn't out if i heard it)
But when you listen to the song, could you imagine it being on Terria if actually made on to the album
Just a random thought :roll:

I think of like, half the album as being related to terria. IMO, there are plenty of other songs that represent terria a lot better that Notes from Africa... In fact, I always thought that song had a style totally new to the devin collection, that's why he put it at the end of the CD (well, if you exclude the bonus track).

If you ask me, Let it Roll, Hypergeek, Mental Tan, Simple Lullaby, and Babysong seem to reflect Terria the most, but that's just my opinion.