You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#124429 by psychotic
Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:36 pm
I think you're thinking of "Notes From Africa", which was originally on, I believe, the Japanese version of Ocean Machine or something like that. That may not be it exactly, but I know its something like that. Not an Ass-Sordid song, but a song from the past.

#124438 by Atari
Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:22 am
NFA, which was supposed to on Terria, as Travis had done an artwork panel for it.

#124447 by Blazingmonga
Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:42 am
Actually, I think the answer that Mr/Mrs Forcefed101 is looking for is 'Sit In The Mountain' (though this being from the Christeen EP, not Ass-Sordid)

I'm at work so I am short on time so I won't find the evidence, but I remember Beavis and Ryan both mentioning a song that 'had been heard before' that they were jamming out with a view to including on Synchestra. It was only a bit later that they then admitted it was SITM (wasn't it?) that they had been playing.

Though sadly it was not included in the final album...which is no great shame as we already have a wonderful version of it.

Am I right or am I right? Or am I wrong? If I am wrong, can I still be right? Being right feels goooood.

#124451 by Biert
Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:14 am
Ryan posted on his own forums that it was Sit In The Mountain:
ryan wrote:Alright.....

I don't know if I'll get in shit for this or not but since the album is officially out now, I'll tell you what song it was that we recorded but did not release on Synchestra..... It was a song of the Infinity Demo's.....

(...) - (yes there were a lot of breaks)

Sit in the Mountain !

We recorded it but in the end, Dev thought that it did'nt fit the album very well and I agree. It's not a Synchestra-vibe song. The take of this song was very cool but it just did'nt work this time around. So there it is ! Maybe it'll come up in the future... who knows ?

The beans are spilt :lol:

RVP

#124457 by Das Schuetzenfest
Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:06 am
Yes, but I hoped for a re-recording of "Ocean Machines" with a powerful production behind it, damnit! One of Dev's best songs. Sit In The Mountain is perfect the way it is.

#124462 by Blazingmonga
Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:01 am
I was right! And damn, did that ever feel good. Shame I'm not right more often. Or more than once.

I agree that SITM is perfect as it is...its not like we are missing out or anything. I think Ocean Machines is awesome as it is, but could do with a more complete production.

#124520 by Forcefed101
Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:08 pm
Thank's! Much appreciated! I would love a high production of Ocean Machines too but also would love to hear the new verson of SITM!

#124523 by the_scoon
Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:28 pm
Wow, they recorded Sit the Mountain again? I love that song. Hopefully they release it on a future album or something...

#125069 by niklang
Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:58 am
I would like to hear another version of that but I reckon some songs are just created exactly as they should be at that point in time and they cannot be bettered. Another take on it though woudl have been interesting.

Maybe on Ass-Sordid 3.