You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#130716 by Alex78
Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:56 pm
Well, actually I had a pretty hard time really getting into Synchestra. The first 3 or so listens I was really "underwhelmed". I felt that this record was different from Devy's previous ones, but different in a way that I didn't like.

But somehow, now, a few months later, I have to say it's his best album to date! A large portion of the album is what I, from my perspective, would call "perfect" (or say, perfect metal or whatever). I've been a fan since 1997/98, when I got Biomech, so I really know Devy's stuff. ;)
This album is so fucking great, it's unbelievable. Just take the first three songs, that's incredible music. Then comes that classy weird section Vampolka/Vampira, awesome! Even the fucking "interludes" Mental Tan and Sunset are perfect. Tracks 8-11 are my favourite part. it's so epic and well-constructed! I get goosebumps everytime, especially at the beginning of A Simple Lullaby. Really really intense beautiful music... and it's so unique, I can't think of any other artist that sounds like this (call me fanboy).

I'm really impressed, and actually that doesn't happen too often lately!

#130731 by djskrimp
Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:17 pm
Felt the same way about "Terria". It's always been that way for me...the albums I don't like very much end up being the ones I love the most and for the longest. I think it's because my brain has to be re-wired to accept the new input, and it takes some time for the road crew to do it. Now, if an album sucks, it sucks. No successive listens will change that. However, none of Dev's albums fall in that category. 3, however, had had the "what the fuck is THIS?" reaction, to end up being albums I can't live without today:
Terria, Infinity and Synchestra.

#130735 by sj_2150
Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:07 am
glad you feel that way. its been the case with all dev albums for me that they are all "growers". Terria took the longest to grow on me, and id say Synchestra and Biomech are pretty even coz they hit me well after the first few listens. i had to listen to Terria MANY times before i was like "BOOYA!". Its probably because Devs music has so many soundscapes within the song. i still listen to Devs music and hear something that ive never noticed before.

#130785 by ladytwiglet
Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:52 am
woo i'm glad its not just me! :lol:

i LOVE listening to devs stuff and hearing new layers. hes the only musician whos stuff is so intense that sometimes (usually whilst stoned :P) i just cant listen to it-its too intense and it freaks me out a little. how cool is that?? :lol:

#130793 by Kivenkantaja
Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:54 am
ladytwiglet wrote:woo i'm glad its not just me! :lol:

i LOVE listening to devs stuff and hearing new layers. hes the only musician whos stuff is so intense that sometimes (usually whilst stoned :P) i just cant listen to it-its too intense and it freaks me out a little. how cool is that?? :lol:
Cool.

A couple of days ago I listened Truth at night and the "GOD YEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!..." part at 2.19 (right after hallelujas) really freaked me out.

I was lying on my bed with my eyes closed and feeling very relaxed. And then, at 2.19, I jumped up, my heart was beating somewhere around 170-180 bpm and only thought in my mind was: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!" Listened Truth over and over again after that :D

Drugs had nothing to do with it, I hadn't even drank anything.

#130848 by SouldrivenDevil
Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:16 pm
Kivenkantaja wrote:
ladytwiglet wrote:woo i'm glad its not just me! :lol:

Cool.

A couple of days ago I listened Truth at night and the "GOD YEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!..." part at 2.19 (right after hallelujas) really freaked me out.

I was lying on my bed with my eyes closed and feeling very relaxed. And then, at 2.19, I jumped up, my heart was beating somewhere around 170-180 bpm and only thought in my mind was: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!" Listened Truth over and over again after that :D

Drugs had nothing to do with it, I hadn't even drank anything.

One night while listening to "Truth" on Mushrooms I noticed a whole sample at the end of the song that was so masked I had never heard it sober.