You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#137328 by Mayday
Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:43 am
Let it Roll has a really wonderful message and very often I think of it, when something goes wrong in life. I just think "let it roll", you can't change it now anyways...don't get too depressed about it and look into the future and use the energy you would've used for mourning the loss, for creating something better.

also it talks about how Dev (or I for that matter) wasn't born to follow. but there are many times, when his pride he must swallow, bow down and follow, because there is no other way, no other choice and it would be stupid and foolish not to do so.

#137399 by :)
Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:03 am
sj_2150 wrote:
:) wrote:*kicks self in the face*

I was born not to follow

What Godflesh song did SYL use a riff from?

edit: i have also heard the song discussed above, some irish or celtic somewhereothersomething folk song

:? dunno. ive been nuts over godflesh for ages and i dont think ive heard any riffs that are alike. (btw my avatar is justin from godflesh :D )

Try All Hail the New Flesh vs. I Wasn't Born to Follow

#137417 by Leechmaster
Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:39 pm
This might've been discussed already (and is off-topic here but what the hell..) but are one or two of Dev's song titles references to Godflesh? Examples being Tiny Tears and Deadhead.. (Both song names on Streetcleaner by Godflesh, though the latter is two words 'Dead Head') Or is it just coincidence?

#137421 by psychotic
Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:57 pm
Beautiful song with a lullaby type of feel to it, just makes you feel all warm inside when you listen to it.

#137430 by JayjayAbnormal
Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:25 pm
:) wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:

I was born not to follow

edit: i have also heard the song discussed above, some irish or celtic somewhereothersomething folk song

:? dunno. ive been nuts over godflesh for ages and i dont think ive heard any riffs that are alike. (btw my avatar is justin from godflesh :D )

I remember in the City booklet someone is credited for a chord in All Hail The New Flesh, if thats what we're talking about

#137437 by sj_2150
Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:21 pm
JayjayAbnormal wrote:
:) wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:

I was born not to follow

I remember in the City booklet someone is credited for a chord in All Hail The New Flesh, if thats what we're talking about

*Runs away to make comparison*