You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#139027 by HevyMinik
Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:22 pm
Hi there!
Can someome answer me this: What's an acadian?
It is mentioned in Pixillate, when the lady sings:

And you're never alone, while you're feeding the crux of the you.
YOU BRAVE ACADIAN

Hope there's any answers
:D

#139029 by HevyMinik
Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:25 pm
Wow, that was a fast answer!

:shock:

#139030 by Biert
Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:29 pm
Yes, I can be useful, too, sometimes ;)

Although my guess is "It just sounded cool", as it is a lot of times with such things in Devins music.

#139058 by theoryman
Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:22 pm
I just realized that it's damn close to "canadian" as well. :D

#139086 by the_scoon
Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:28 am
I wonder if Devin's ever been to Acadia...probably has because it's pretty close to Canada.

#139112 by Biert
Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:33 am
Haha I'm sure Devin has traveled the entire world on tour, not just "close to Canada" :P
Besides, I understand that Acadia is the northeast of America? Vancouver, where the Townsends live, is pretty much the west coast if I'm not mistaken.

#143277 by Grimview
Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:13 pm
Biert wrote:Haha I'm sure Devin has traveled the entire world on tour, not just "close to Canada" :P
Besides, I understand that Acadia is the northeast of America? Vancouver, where the Townsends live, is pretty much the west coast if I'm not mistaken.

Acadia is the region of modern-day Nova Scotia, and a bit of New Brunswick. It's covered in ninth grade Social Studies in Canada. :P Both are Canadian provinces, if you didn't know.

So, assuming SYL or the DTB have played in those provinces, it's quite likely that Devin's played in Acadia.
Seeing as the bio says Devin lives in Pitt Meadows, I'll go with the Greater Vancouver Area for his home (as that's where Pitt Meadows is). Vancouver is the third largest city in Canada, and the largest in British Columbia - the westernmost Canadian province. On a map, from west to east, the provinces of Canada(I'm going to skip territories) are;

British Columbia -> Alberta -> Saskatchewan -> Manitoba -> Ontario -> Quebec -> New Brunswick -> Prince Edward Island -> Nova Scotia -> Newfoundland and Labrador
(by easternmost tips of the provinces, if you're going to be finicky, cause some of those are a bit debatable in where they line up.)

But yeah. Devin's home is the other side of the country, more or less, from the region of Acadia, but he probably has played there at least once.

And now ends the Canadian geography lesson. :P

#143284 by ASHORIZZOR
Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:24 am
Grimview wrote:
Biert wrote:Haha I'm sure Devin has traveled the entire world on tour, not just "close to Canada" :P

Acadia is the region of modern-day Nova Scotia, and a bit of New Brunswick. It's covered in ninth grade Social Studies in Canada. :P Both are Canadian provinces, if you didn't know.

So, assuming SYL or the DTB have played in those provinces, it's quite likely that Devin's played in Acadia.
Seeing as the bio says Devin lives in Pitt Meadows, I'll go with the Greater Vancouver Area for his home (as that's where Pitt Meadows is). Vancouver is the third largest city in Canada, and the largest in British Columbia - the westernmost Canadian province. On a map, from west to east, the provinces of Canada(I'm going to skip territories) are;

British Columbia -> Alberta -> Saskatchewan -> Manitoba -> Ontario -> Quebec -> New Brunswick -> Prince Edward Island -> Nova Scotia -> Newfoundland and Labrador
(by easternmost tips of the provinces, if you're going to be finicky, cause some of those are a bit debatable in where they line up.)

But yeah. Devin's home is the other side of the country, more or less, from the region of Acadia, but he probably has played there at least once.

And now ends the Canadian geography lesson. :P

I love Canada! 8)

#143314 by Grimview
Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:51 pm
Oh, and because I forgot before;
An "Acadian" person is someone of French-Canadian origin from the region of Acadia - Acadia was the first French colony in what eventually became Canada, predating Quebec by a fair bit.

#143340 by Zyprexa
Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:43 am
Acadians hail from Acadia, just like Americans hail from America, Italians hail from .. Italia and Irish hail from .. wait, where the fuck do Irish people live? Eye-radia?

#143343 by Zyprexa
Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:06 pm
Oh yeah. I live there. Silly me.