You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#164514 by DriftingMuppet
Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:47 pm
Hey all, I'm thinking about Synchestra lots... at 2:30 am. Anybody else as absorbed by it as me?

I respect the way that Dev leaves interpretation of much of his stuff down to the imagination of us the listeners. Its a beautiful thing how one song can hold so much meaning in different ways for different people.

This album takes me on such a ride, it's got a huge positive vibe and when I really give it attention and let it do its thing its practically a spiritual experience. Thing is though, its also crazily intriguing to me because Dev said there's a subliminal story running through it! I'd love to know what's going on in that storyline...

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to join the ranks of the over-analysis brigade, but its damn interesting!! Stuff like the 'Ready, Aim, FIRE', fireworky climax of 'A Simple Lullaby' holds loads of meaning. What's the chant thing is saying through the first section of the song? Right now I'm hearing "Only You"... so I'm currently interpreting the song as coming to a realization that all you need is "only you", and then symbolically "taking aim and firing" at reliance on people/God. Or, I could f*ck off, because that's only my brain fart of an interpretation and I might get something totally different on next listen.

So what's going on with the subconscious mind when this record's playing? Artistic description of a state of mind, new ideas for listeners, meaningless but immensely, epic-ly cool sounding atmosphere?

Who knows but The Dev himself... :)

#164526 by FUBAR
Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:06 am
Cool thread. I remember Dev saying the album is sequenced like a film or something. I'd like to know the story aswell.

#164818 by psychotic
Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:59 pm
I remember when I first got it I was listening to it all the time. It was about the third listen where the album really started to hit me, and from there I was relating about every part of my day to some part of the album for about 2 months.