The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#325180 by fragility
Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:19 pm
So we've had all of the special shows, CoC as a side project, the book etc, so all of this stuff outside of the core album, tour cycle.

What (other than the obvious new album) would you like to see Devin embark on next?
#325185 by Chris87
Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:00 am
Personally, I'd love to have a game-soundtrack made by him. Can live with one for movies as well :p. In my opinion that's still a big missing thing considering he basically tries everything music-related.
#325204 by Shevanel
Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:03 pm
A complete album of covers, seeing how he cleverly reinterprets and mangles songs from other musicians.
#325205 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:26 am
Doing something for film or TV would be pretty cool.
Maybe a Ziltoid movie? Granted that might take a long while.
#325276 by static2
Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:50 am
Another demo release! With the book having an exclusive one, I was reminded that he hasn't released the demo that got him signed in the first place (the half SYL half OM one that has "Goat" and "Funeral"). If that's not the one in the book, he should release it!

And not quite 'new album' territory, but I wish he'd go all-in and do a sidelong piece that doesn't get relegated to demo/b-side ("Traestorz"). He's shown with "Masturbator" he can do it awesomely, so an EP with just one 20 minuter would be amazing I bet!
#325278 by fragility
Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:58 am
Ooh, the 20 minuter is a really interesting idea, not least of all because I think that would lend itself to a real change from the more immediate nature of the last few albums.
#325279 by static2
Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:34 am
fragility wrote:Ooh, the 20 minuter is a really interesting idea, not least of all because I think that would lend itself to a real change from the more immediate nature of the last few albums.

Yeah, I think that is also part of why I suggest it. At least Transcendence should be free from label pressure, which seems to be what hurt Z2 in the end.

I'm sure he could also do sidelong pieces with Casualties that would work awesomely, if Che was behind the idea. Or if he wanted to make another Ghost-style album.
#325298 by KeasbyNights
Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:37 pm
Along the vein of what Casualties was, I'd love to see him venture into other genres. I love seeing his perspective on each of them. But then at the same time, he seems to flourish the most in them when it's something he does purely when he wants to, so as for seeing what he'll do next, I wouldn't want him to focus solely on these genre-explorings. It's just something I hope he continues finding enjoyment in for the future. Like when he said on Twitter that he'd like to play bass and build bird houses, :)

Thinking about it too, don't we have yet to hear more about his symphony in the works?
#325488 by birchandro
Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:56 am
The Moth Project sounds amazing)
A Divine Comedy orchestra with different instrumentaion.
Maybe even diving into.more eastern influences and instrumentation, sitars, eastern strings and percussion. and his phenomenal sound design with Vocals and selected Mantras in the vein of the song From The Heart.
would be beautiful.)
#325491 by Allyouareisallyouare
Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:13 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Doing something for film or TV would be pretty cool.
Maybe a Ziltoid movie? Granted that might take a long while.

I've been waiting for that Ziltoid Movie he mentioned in an interview ever since, my wish hasn't changed.

I just really hope that The Moth is amazing!
(I hope it's a full on Symphony, 4-5 movements. Contraptual, not like film music and dynamic!) :D
#325494 by NamasteLikeBender
Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:11 pm
ppinkham wrote:From Twitter last night:

"I think I want to do two albums again, the symphony is so ugly, it needs a counterpart.. I see something to do with gardens, plants and meat"
Interesting. Makes literally no sense, but that's what's interesting about it.
#325998 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:29 am
Interested to hear what Empath is going to be like.
By the title alone, I am speculating something mid-level a la Addicted, Epicloud or Sky Blue. I could be wrong, it might even evolve from Transcendence.
The complicated & beautiful albums already has me picturing moods brought forth from Deconstruction and Ghost (respectively). We will see.