The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#275101 by DevinJayLeibe
Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:42 pm
Loooooooooooooollllllllllllll every time I hear Sumeria now I'll be imagining a choir full of Annie Lennox xD
#275325 by TallNerdGuy
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:52 pm
Ever since I first heard Sumeria, that's what I heard, and I'd think to myself "he didn't do that intentionally...or did he?!" :lol:
#275331 by zolireds
Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 pm
TallNerdGuy wrote:"he didn't do that intentionally...or did he?!" :lol:

Dev: "It was definitely not conscious. I think that I tend to be a product of my influences and there's been several occasions consciously where I've referenced other music specifically but the Eurythmics thing I didn't even realize that until other people pointed that out after."
#275417 by Laurelles
Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:01 am
These aren't really references, more like observations I have made. Sorry if these have been posted before...

The "find a way!" part that is in Aftermath and Force Fed sounds quite similar to the "And they can push me harder!" part in Bastard.

As well as Stand and Man, the A Monday/ PotA/ As You Were melody can be heard in Watch You. Sorta. Probably not, but it sounds like that to me.

"All is calm, all is well!" from Critic is in Pandemic. I think most of you have gathered that one though.

Yeah, that's it for now.
#275423 by DevinJayLeibe
Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:24 am
In Sunmud/Woman : "I present to you, man!"

In TMM: "We bring to you: the process of human development!"

I dunno I just felt like they were connected especially the 'self proclaimed representative' part of the rant in Sunmud/Woman. The line came to me and I thought it was similar.
#275515 by Cosmic Sea
Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:52 am
Could Sumeria be referencing Force Fed?
It could of course be just a coincidence, but I can't help finding the "cause we are animals... ANIMALS!" part in Sumeria quite similar to that of "Animal, you're an animal, you're a goddamn fucking animal" in Force Fed"... :-?
#275518 by ctfod
Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:06 am
DOn't know if it's been mentioned, but the 'LOVE, LOVE ME' part in Sumeria reminds me of 'PEACE LOVE, JOY' part in Earth Day.

Probably not a direct reference, but that's what I thought of first time. I dunno, maybe we're deconstructing it too much.
#275655 by mrbean667
Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:54 pm
Cosmic Sea wrote:Could Sumeria be referencing Force Fed?
It could of course be just a coincidence, but I can't help finding the "cause we are animals... ANIMALS!" part in Sumeria quite similar to that of "Animal, you're an animal, you're a goddamn fucking animal" in Force Fed"... :-?

I would say that Depth Charge is more on the mark: "Animal, I'm an animal"
#277791 by fragility
Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 am
I was thinking how cool it would be to have all these links in a db with some kind of mapping software that would allow you to show different types of link (lyrical themes, same melody, direct repeat of a section, etc) and then view each one in detail to see the explanation behind it.
#277873 by BenPuritanSlain
Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:53 pm
Im sure there is a link with guitar parts in TMM and the arpeggios that are played through out the Ziltoid album during the skits, but I may be wrong! Nice work on the chart btw, thats a fine piece of work!
#278046 by mrbean667
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:52 pm
The guitar line of the Juular verses in repeated in Floor's parts of Pandemic and in 1:38 of Sumeria.
#280341 by swervedriver
Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:04 am
The bit of the solo in Away around the 5:38 mark is quite reminiscent of the riff in the 2nd half of By Your Command. I noticed it yesterday while stuck in traffic. I'd sooner call it a recurring lick rather than a self-reference, but if you need more lines then there you go.