The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#311019 by sylkicks
Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:46 pm
Yeah, you read that right.

http://hornsuprocks.blogspot.com/2012/10/gojira-to-join-forces-with-devin.html

I know Ryan kinda let the cat out of the bag on the last US tour a bit, but still... EFF YES!!!!! Dat lineup. Dat. Line. Up. And Atlas Moth supporting too.

AND AND.... They're finally coming to my town. I finally don't have to drive 6 hours to go see them! Woot! I'm going to drag sooooo many people to their show. For serial.
#311024 by devious_mischievous
Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:46 pm
I was already told that I wouldn't be able to get time off in January and February, so I was hoping that there would be a show near me, but there isn't one. :cry: I'm used to traveling for shows, but I can't since I'm unable to get any time off. Ah, well. :cry:
#311046 by LicoriceLain
Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:20 am
I swear he is allergic to Orlando. Hopefully I will have the time to make it out to St Petersburg.

*Goddamnit. It just has to be a Monday. :/
#311077 by Jaglavak
Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:33 am
Super super bummed there aren't any Ohio dates, but I guess I shouldn't complain because I've seen him in Cleveland twice now. I'm gonna see if I can make the Millvale show, especially since it's on a Saturday, because I don't think I could live with myself if I missed this, haha. It'll be a three/four hour trip one way and a possible stay overnight, but what the hell. :mrgreen:

Numbers wrote:How's the show going to work in terms of opening and closing? Rotating set?

I'd imagine The Atlas Moth get a 40-50 minute set in the beginning, and then Gojira/Dev both get around 60-70 afterwards... possibly alternating who headlines. That's just a guess, though.
#311092 by Teej
Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 pm
Numbers wrote:How's the show going to work in terms of opening and closing? Rotating set?

From Loudwire:

"Gojira frontman Joe Duplantier recently spoke with radio goddess Full Metal Jackie about touring with Devin Townsend and the Atlas Moth.
#311100 by sylkicks
Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:48 pm
I LOVE Gojira... but I think Dev should be headlining. He has SO many more years under his belt. Plus, I wanna go chat with him after the show and not have to miss Gojira, damn it! But either way, I'm happy.
#311108 by sylkicks
Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 pm
Yar, I get it. When I saw Gojira come through last time they very near tore my face off. And that's saying something after the god awful taste The Chariot left in my mouth.

On another note, wonder if there will be VIP this tour...
#311112 by LicoriceLain
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 pm
sylkicks wrote:Yar, I get it. When I saw Gojira come through last time they very near tore my face off. And that's saying something after the god awful taste The Chariot left in my mouth.

The new album or a show?