The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#312598 by Virtua Afro DJ
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 am
A long time ago, in a NIN forum somewhere in the internet, there was a list of the songs that have been played live and what hasn't been played live. It even went to the extent of last time played and first time played and where.

Does a list like this exist or did a list ever exist for Devin? I would help compile one if someone has the data. I think it'd be pretty neat.
#312665 by Leechmaster
Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:02 pm
Said it many times before and I'll say it again, losing Far Beyond Metal was a tragedy for all this kinda stuff. That site had piles and piles and piles of trivia and rare and cool stuff like this used to be on there and now it's just some random Japanese bollocks. :(
#312751 by Faffy
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:12 am
Leechmaster wrote:Said it many times before and I'll say it again, losing Far Beyond Metal was a tragedy for all this kinda stuff. That site had piles and piles and piles of trivia and rare and cool stuff like this used to be on there and now it's just some random Japanese bollocks. :(

Can it be located here? http://archive.org/web/web.php :o
#312788 by static2
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 pm
he's been knocking off a lot of rarities/unplayed songs on recent tours, actually. i'll start up a list here and people can attack me for listing played songs (especially old ones):

3AM
Voices in the Fan
Funeral (non-acoustic)
The Death of Music
Things Beyond Things

Soul Driven (Cadillac)
Ants
(Life is All) Dynamics
Unity (as a band-performed piece)
Noisy Pink Bubbles (non-acoustic)

Sit in the Mountain
Processional
Love-Load

the majority of Physicist except Namaste and Kingdom

Olives
Canada (non-acoustic?)
Down and Under
The Fluke
Nobody's Here (non-acoustic)
Tiny Tears
Stagnant (non-acoustic half-performance)
Universal

Depth Charge
Random Analysis
Traveller

Hypergeek
Triumph
Mental Tan
Judgement
A Simple Lullaby
Sunset
Notes From Africa (non-acoustic?)

Dark Matters

Drench
Mend
Coming Home
Perspective

Save Our Now
Divine
Lessons
Hold On
Angel
everything on Epiclouder except Little Pig

+ all of both Ass-Sordid Demos (?), Project EKO, Devlab, and The Hummer
Last edited by static2 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#313141 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 am
I'm pretty sure he played Depth Charge at the Melbourne show 2010.

Dark Matters was indeed left out of By a Thread and replaced with Saloon; Monsoon is performed.
#313143 by swervedriver
Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:I'm pretty sure he played Depth Charge at the Melbourne show 2010.

No mention of it here though.
#313158 by mikejs
Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 am
What's interesting to me is what isn't in this list. Do I take this:
  • 3AM
  • Voices in the Fan
  • Funeral (non-acoustic)
  • The Death of Music
to mean that Bastard has been played live at some point?

Likewise, Mountain and Suicide - when have these been played live?

Links, or it didn't happen! :)
#313176 by Raithfyre
Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 pm
mikejs wrote:What's interesting to me is what isn't in this list. Do I take this:
  • 3AM
  • Voices in the Fan
  • Funeral (non-acoustic)
  • The Death of Music

Sadly, just a slight mistake on the part of the poster =/ None of those songs have been played live either, though since EVERYONE seems to want Bastard, I have a feeling it'll happen eventually. There are a couple other songs left off, like Thing Beyond Things, Noisy Pink Bubbles, and a few others (though many have been played acoustically). Basically all my favorite songs of his =P

Also, looks like I'm wrong about Suicide - It was played at ProgPower Europe in '02 and '04.
#313210 by KerfuffleinaHussle
Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:37 pm
Raithfyre wrote:
mikejs wrote:What's interesting to me is what isn't in this list. Do I take this:
  • 3AM
  • Voices in the Fan
  • Funeral (non-acoustic)
  • The Death of Music

Sadly, just a slight mistake on the part of the poster =/ None of those songs have been played live either, though since EVERYONE seems to want Bastard, I have a feeling it'll happen eventually. There are a couple other songs left off, like Thing Beyond Things, Noisy Pink Bubbles, and a few others (though many have been played acoustically). Basically all my favorite songs of his =P

Also, looks like I'm wrong about Suicide - It was played at ProgPower Europe in '02 and '04.

No, he has played Mountain live. I hear it used to be fairly common in the setlist when Terria was released.

Of course, he never plays it any more..
#313326 by static2
Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:01 pm
Raithfyre wrote:
  • 3AM
  • Voices in the Fan
  • Funeral (non-acoustic)
  • The Death of Music

actually, "Bastard" was played regularly on the AE tour (narrowly avoided appearance on Safe Zone), and, as mentioned, "Mountain" was just premiered recently.

"Noisy Pink Bubbles" is on the Official Bootleg, but it is indeed acoustic... should've made a note of that, though.

also, i'm not sure "Things Beyond Things" really 'counts' anyway, since it's basically a rescued demo from Grey Skies/pre-SYL, and wasn't ever likely to be played no matter the circumstance, much like everything on the Ass-Sordid Demos. it's notated as a bonus track for all regions. i'll add it to the list anyway!
#313334 by mikejs
Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 am
static2 wrote:
Raithfyre wrote:Also, looks like I'm wrong about Suicide - It was played at ProgPower Europe in '02 and '04.

actually, "Bastard" was played regularly on the AE tour (narrowly avoided appearance on Safe Zone), and, as mentioned, "Mountain" was just premiered recently.

I saw Dev live on the tour after Terria came out (combined solo/syl set, syl lineup), and on the AE tour (Zimmer's Hole + DTB + SYL = Ridiculous amounts of awesome; the SYL set was around as a semi-official bootleg for a while). I don't remember the setlist too well from the first of those, other than that it included things like Namaste and Earth Day, but the second was pretty close to what appeared later on Safe Zone and I think I'd remember if Bastard had cropped up.

Any links for any of these?
#313338 by Octillus
Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 am
Oh, right, Dev played half of Dynamics in a basement show thing called Mevio Underground that only I and one other fella were in attendance of.
#313806 by redgoat
Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:25 pm
I'm not sure if anyone has the setlist of the ProgPower show in Atlanta in 2002, but I seem to recall maybe "Suicide." It was before the album was out so maybe not...Pretty sure two songs from that AE were played there though.