The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#325239 by swervedriver
Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:10 pm
I kinda doubt it to be honest. I think the publishing/distribution is being done by Rocket 88, and is independent of Dev's musical activities. It's probably also hard to gauge demand for such a book in those audiences (although it's probably good exposure), and I'm sure they'd want to avoid printing more books than they need to. That may be why they're only doing the online distribution thing for it.

I reserve the right to be completely wrong about this though. :)
#325242 by Shevanel
Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:42 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Only two months left. It'll be interesting to see how many names are on the honor roll.

Can someone tell me when the deadline to get your name in there was?
#325243 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:59 am
^I don't recall a specific date, but I think it would have been until sometime in May or June.

Either way, just checked the pre-order page and it's unfortunately not there anymore.
#325251 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:51 pm
So, I just got this email from Rocket 88:

As you know Devin Townsend's book Only Half There is due to publish in the UK in August and we planned to have preorder copies out to everyone in the UK and Europe this month.

Unfortunately though, problems with the production have delayed the book and it will now be published later than we had hoped. Devin has worked his butt off on this project and has written a phenomenal book, so our apologies go out to him and to you for the disappointment. Rest assured, it's printing right now and is going to be a truly original package that you'll love.

We now expect to publish in October and we will work our hardest to have pre-order copies out to everyone in the UK and Europe during September. Delivery to North America and the rest of the world will be slightly later.

At least they're being forthright.
That's ok with me.
#325302 by dazdsb
Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:34 am
Pre-ordered the special box edition. Silly money but it'll be a great collectors item and nice to add to all my other Devin stuff.
#325505 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:16 am
I'm almost tempted to take a picture of my letterbox and upload it here with #waiting.

Almost.

I'm not gonna do that.
#325593 by elennare
Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:27 am
Oh man... a friend got the normal edition with the CD, but I'm still waiting for the special box one... which probably will arrive while I'm gone in a long trip :'( Still, it will be my self-bought birthday present! :)
#325595 by Octillus
Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:35 pm
NamasteLikeBender wrote:Still waiting on my normal edition but just ordered it like a week ago.

UK books went our first, ours should be coming like the end of the month?