The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#321593 by swervedriver
Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:16 am
Coming October Dev will visit several cities in Australia to do some guitar clinics. More info here: http://iheartguitarblog.com/2014/09/dev ... 04mBo.dpbs

[youtube]9ZdRFuI-rwA[/youtube]
#321605 by JuZ
Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:59 pm
Want to go but, like the last tour, I'm not sure if I can.

Great news though! If I do make it to Brisbane, look for the bald 6'4" bloke. There would probably be about 20 of us meeting that description.
#321665 by P1
Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:47 am
JuZ wrote:Want to go but, like the last tour, I'm not sure if I can.

Great news though! If I do make it to Brisbane, look for the bald 6'4" bloke. There would probably be about 20 of us meeting that description.

6'4" with not a lot of hair? I will be one of them however I am going to the Melbourne clinic. Very excited!
#322578 by ontheupside
Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:38 am
To any folks at the Brisbane show tonight - how much were the Z2 cds and how many were available? I'm definitely getting one
#322582 by KeasbyNights
Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:45 am
Oh my god, he's wearing his Oscar the Grouch shorts in the video, hahaha. He bought those in Tempe, AZ last year on the tour with Gojira.
#322639 by B-Man
Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:48 pm
Sydney clinic last night was a ball! All of Dev's stories and musings about life and music were very insightful and often hilarious. Even just hearing and watching him noodle on his guitar while he answered questions was a treat. We got him to jam out some versions of Ih-ah, Coast, Deadhead and Kingdom.
One of the weirdest parts of the night was when he got out his ipad, held it to the mic and played a rough jam of a song Morgan had just sent him the day before that he, Morg and Frederik had been playing with. He 'd say he'd play something on top of that and send back and forth and that's how he operates a lot of the time now with musicians in other parts of the world.
Got my retinal circus Lim. Ed. signed. I've got stacks of stuff signed by Dev over the years, in past meets or new release orders, but when people attend these functions and bring every. single. CD booklet. they own to get signed ... grinds my gears.
#322716 by GreenGem
Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:20 am
My university tutor told us to go to Devin's clinic in Adelaide, regrettably I couldn't afford to. However my tutor went and said just how down to earth and how much of a genuine guy he is... not to mention how he can just sit down and play absolutely perfectly in between talking about his life, the way he makes music and all that.

Apparently my tutor told Devin about the uni class we had the day after the clinic and he said if he had known it was on he would have come!! I think I wouldn't have known what to do with myself if my tutor all of a sudden said 'okay guys, today Devin Townsend is going to come in and talk to you'.

Just goes to show he's not afraid to really connect with people wherever he can. (I first discovered Devin's music through this same class... and have now become hooked, best life move so far).
#322741 by KeasbyNights
Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:41 pm
^That would have been a really sweet opportunity for sure! Too bad! :/ But you'll have plenty of chances to see Dev I'm sure. :) He's around and about quite often nowadays.