The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#321701 by ppinkham
Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:34 pm
While I think the idea behind it isn't necessarily bad, it definitely puts Devin in an awkward position. Especially considering his introverted personality. I think this should have been thought through a bit more. I mean, what happens if Devin refuses the funds? What if he feels pressured to accept? It is a strange position to put someone in.
#321703 by JuZ
Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:14 pm
I should start by saying that in no way do I speak for anyone other than myself.

The motivation for this is sound but, to be honest, some people would feel that this is either inappropriate or would make them feel uncomfortable, as Paul says. Which is not anyone's intention, I'm sure.

My personal suggestion would be to continue supporting his work and he can take a holiday, which is entirely his own business, if and when he chooses.

If you have a spare dollar and would like to put it to good use, there are countless charities out there who need it.

Again, it's really cool that people want to do something nice, but there are boundaries between what is public and what is personal and we should be careful not to cross them if we can help it.
#321705 by Blazingmonga
Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:41 am
JuZ wrote:I should start by saying that in no way do I speak for anyone other than myself.

The motivation for this is sound but, to be honest, some people would feel that this is either inappropriate or would make them feel uncomfortable, as Paul says. Which is not anyone's intention, I'm sure.

My personal suggestion would be to continue supporting his work and he can take a holiday, which is entirely his own business, if and when he chooses.

If you have a spare dollar and would like to put it to good use, there are countless charities out there who need it.

Again, it's really cool that people want to do something nice, but there are boundaries between what is public and what is personal and we should be careful not to cross them if we can help it.

I agree completely.

It is entirely possible that Devin has had many holidays and will likely have many more. It is sort of none of our business.

But this sort of kind and generous behaviour is very typical of his fans and I approve of the sentiment. I do agree with the above that it is possibly misplaced in this instance.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
#321721 by Faye_Fergy
Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:04 am
Agreed. Although it seems to come from a good place, I just think it's kinda inappropriate

The vast majority of us have no idea what goes on in his home life, and I'm sure that's for a reason.

Nice thought, but misplaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#321723 by Octillus
Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:18 am
Many good intentions can come across as creepy.

I know for a fact you're not creepy, Chili, and I'm sure DJ isn't either. This thing is kinda creepy
#321727 by chillidemon
Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:07 am
Yes, I mmerely posted this on behalf of a friend and was in no way anything to do with me, so I can only apologize, I can delete this thread asap if needed
#322037 by swervedriver
Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:58 am
Nah, it's fine dude. I'll lock it and let it drift into the abyss.