The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#324800 by fragility
Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:16 am
ppinkham wrote:
fragility wrote:Has anyone else noticed the levels going up and down on the DVD audio?

Bahahaha, put it in again this morning because my 12 month old was teething and grumpy as hell and she likes music. I didn't think she was paying much attention till the jazz hands discussion when she did the Jazz hands at exactly the right time. It was hilarious!

This show looks like it was almost perfect. Gutted I missed it, but really chuffed to have this awesome set to get as close to the real thing as possible

I just put the DVD in to check it out and yep, mine does the same thing.

Thanks! Is the Blu Ray ok? I've not been able to watch it yet
#324802 by goncalobcunha
Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:28 am
shredi knight wrote:If the Blu-ray doesn't play on my player, I'm going to blow a fucking gasket and demand a full refund! :furious:
Problems with the region code never occurred to me and there is no mention of anything region code related on their ordering page.

AFAICT, Blurays don't have region codes, unlike DVDs. You should be on the safe. :)
#324803 by shredi knight
Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:28 pm
goncalobcunha wrote:
shredi knight wrote:If the Blu-ray doesn't play on my player, I'm going to blow a fucking gasket and demand a full refund! :furious:
Problems with the region code never occurred to me and there is no mention of anything region code related on their ordering page.

AFAICT, Blurays don't have region codes, unlike DVDs. You should be on the safe. :)

Excellent - Thank You! :D

I don't really care if the DVDs won't play, as I will only be watching the Blu-ray anyway (yes, I'm aware that kind of double rhymes :P ).
#324804 by ppinkham
Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:43 pm
fragility wrote:
ppinkham wrote:
fragility wrote:Has anyone else noticed the levels going up and down on the DVD audio?

Bahahaha, put it in again this morning because my 12 month old was teething and grumpy as hell and she likes music. I didn't think she was paying much attention till the jazz hands discussion when she did the Jazz hands at exactly the right time. It was hilarious!

This show looks like it was almost perfect. Gutted I missed it, but really chuffed to have this awesome set to get as close to the real thing as possible

My blu-ray works just fine.

Sent from my HTC331ZLVWPP using Tapatalk
#324805 by shredi knight
Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:26 pm
Received mine today.

The Good:

The DVD's (and of course the Blu-Ray) play just fine in my players. No region code problem here.

The Bad:

My one complaint is that there is no 5.1 sound mix, only LPCM 2.0. :sad:

There's certain things that one usually expects with anything on Blu-ray, and that is the sound to at least be in 5.1. Pretty disappointing that it's not.

I guess Dev still hasn't learned to mix in 5.1?
#324806 by shredi knight
Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:39 pm
(Been watching the second set on the Blu-ray since my last post above)

Hated to post something negative above, but it came as an unpleasant surprise that the mix was only in 2.0. It does sound great despite that, but I can't help thinking how amazing it would have been in 5.1.

Anyway, not another complaint, more of a "Really?" reaction to the second set setlist. Devin says at the beginning of the set that these were the top requested songs on Facebook/Twitter by the fans for the second half of the show. I'm kind of dumbfounded that "Lucky Animals" & "Heatwave" had more requests than say something else off of Terria (like "Nobody's Here" or "Canada") or Accelerated Evolution (how awesome would have "Depth Charge" been to hear?). Or what about Synchestra's "Triumph" (there's lots more off the top of my head I can think of, but I'll stop there)?

Anyway like I said, not meant as a complaint, just a "Really"?" :? :? :?
#324807 by goncalobcunha
Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:15 pm
shredi knight wrote:(Been watching the second set on the Blu-ray since my last post above)

Hated to post something negative above, but it came as an unpleasant surprise that the mix was only in 2.0. It does sound great despite that, but I can't help thinking how amazing it would have been in 5.1.

Anyway, not another complaint, more of a "Really?" reaction to the second set setlist. Devin says at the beginning of the set that these were the top requested songs on Facebook/Twitter by the fans for the second half of the show. I'm kind of dumbfounded that "Lucky Animals" & "Heatwave" had more requests than say something else off of Terria (like "Nobody's Here" or "Canada") or Accelerated Evolution (how awesome would have "Depth Charge" been to hear?). Or what about Synchestra's "Triumph" (there's lots more off the top of my head I can think of, but I'll stop there)?

Anyway like I said, not meant as a complaint, just a "Really"?" :? :? :?

I fully agree with you concerning the requested setlist!

Is it just me that find the Depth Charge chorus one of the best ever? :guitar:
#324813 by Faffy
Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:29 pm
I always just assumed that they were sort of cherry picked fan requests. So, not necessarily the most requested ones (although some surely were), but just a selection of wishes from fans.

I have now taken my artbook out of the shipping cardboard, but it's still wrapped in bubble wrap. Taking it slooow. :P
#324818 by Faffy
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:44 am
Nope.
In fact, last time I had bubble wrap in my possession, I gently placed in the neighbouring office with a post-it saying "Free bubble wrap :D ".
I figured they could use some stress relief. :P
#324825 by ferocitas
Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:22 am
ppinkham wrote:
fragility wrote:
ppinkham wrote:

My blu-ray works just fine.

The DVD is fine too. It's your DVD-player's inner compression that messes with the levels. You fix it by routing sound through an amplifier.
#324830 by elennare
Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:46 am
Got my delivery two days ago (finally!!!)
I love the punch of the Z2 part live, it's very impressive, specially the drums :D And I'm very happy with the by request set. Very interesting mix of old and new songs. Best bit: Terria's "And music... IT'S ALL ENTERTAINMENT FOLKS!' audience part.

*I must go work, include here more praisings to the rest of the band, sounds and etc etc*