The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#324831 by JasperNMC
Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:52 am
For all who are questioning the reason for not having Surround sound: It costs about 5000 pounds to have a surround mix done for a CD. It's twice that for a show this length and four times that amount if you want Steven Wilson to do it. We simply didn't have the budget for it. Surround mix would also have to be mastered so add another 2000 for that on top.
However, we are looking at getting Devin set up with gear so he can start learning to do it himself but again, such a set up costs about 10.000 and he's already wanting new Macs... Shit ain't cheap yo!
#324832 by elennare
Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:38 am
However, we are looking at getting Devin set up with gear so he can start learning to do it himself but again, such a set up costs about 10.000 and he's already wanting new Macs... Shit ain't cheap yo!

If I only had a patreon/paypal/crowdfunding opportunity to contribute to this... *nudge nudge, wink wink, say-no-more!*
#324855 by JasperNMC
Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:08 am
fragility wrote:
ppinkham wrote:
fragility wrote:Has anyone else noticed the levels going up and down on the DVD audio?

Bahahaha, put it in again this morning because my 12 month old was teething and grumpy as hell and she likes music. I didn't think she was paying much attention till the jazz hands discussion when she did the Jazz hands at exactly the right time. It was hilarious!

This show looks like it was almost perfect. Gutted I missed it, but really chuffed to have this awesome set to get as close to the real thing as possible

I just put the DVD in to check it out and yep, mine does the same thing.

That's often due to a setting on your DVD player, not on the disc. See if you can go to preferences->disc settings and then disable 'Dolby dynamic range compression.' Hope that helps.