The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#324835 by adistom
Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:34 am
Hey everyone :)

I'm a huge fan of devin's clean guitar sound. I knwo that he uses at least two guitar signals :
-1 "full dry" (a little bit of delay on it anyway)
-1 full wet

Does anyone knows the exact components of the wet signal? (delay and reverb i guess but are they in serial, in parrallel, both?....

I try to replicate this at home using 1 full dry signal and 1 full wet signal using eventide space in stereo.
Any suggestion or known fact will be helpfull :)

Cheers,
Adistom
#324843 by harmonix1234
Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:06 pm
I was wondering the same thing last night. On his unplugged stuff the acoustic has what seems like an almost touch sensitive delayverb that leaves this sonic vapour trail that almost sounds like a soft synth pad.
There is something in the signal chain between the delay and the reverb that is doing something special? I dunno... I wish I knew.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
#324857 by adistom
Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:45 am
My guess is there's a ducked delay or verb (or both) but yeah, that's only a guess... Any fractal users here who can help with that?
#324858 by swervedriver
Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:08 am
If you're wondering whether the ducking option is available in the AxeFX, yes, for reverbs and delays. Whether or not Dev uses this or a separate Eventide unit.. no idea. Another option might be that a few delay trails are consecutively pitch-shifted (one/two octaves up or down) to give it a more synth-like vibe. This is possible within the Axe's multidelay block (I've played around with it occasionally). It's a bit hard to speculate without a specific soundclip though.
#324895 by static2
Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:19 pm
Either way, there's definitely a much shorter decay on the lower notes. The most basic solution is a high pass filter on the reverb itself, but I'm unsure if that's actually his method or not.