The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#324965 by Ogrus
Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:32 pm
So I saw an video-interview where Devin talks about the crazy tinnitus he suffers, and my question is, when it comes to recording, does he do anything to not worsen the condition? His music is brutal and I wonder if he muffles the intensity with earplugs when he is recording all day long o lower volume through headphones? Wondering cause I have the same problem and just trying to figure out what the pros with tinnitus do when it comes to studio work. Doubt he will read this but maybe some of you guys have an answer.
#324966 by swervedriver
Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:19 am
Can't give you a definite answer, but studio work generally is done at low monitoring volumes; certainly not the kind of levels you experience during a concert. Loud stuff will be in an isolated room separate from the control room (like drums and guitar cabinets). Also, remember to take a break every now and again to prevent ear fatigue. During rehearsals and live shows obviously he'll be wearing ear protection.

I don't have tinnitus myself (knock on wood), but I can imagine how much it sucks especially when you're doing stuff with music. All the best.