The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#325653 by Naz
Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:23 pm
I severely hope Devin pulls out of Blastfest after this travesty hit. I used to respect Napalm Death, but this is grade-A bull. For anyone who can't be bothered to research properly, don't call Famine racist when even wikipedia knows Indria played bass for Peste Noire. This blatant acquiescence to pressure from ignorant people is just what metal doesn't need. I don't believe in nationalism, but I can see the difference between it and racism. What worries me more than nationalism is blind hate.

I'm not interested in debating whether Famine is a nice person, as I tend not to care too much for him as a person myself, but PN's music is very original, and the pulling of such a band is just pandering to the rule of the mob. I'd be interested to hear people's opinion on whether they should have kept PN in or disbanded the festival, or whether they were right to act as they did, without delving into mudslinging and political discussion. I'd also be very interested on Dev's opinion, but I'm sure he may be busy enough w/ the upcoming prep for the cock symphony , which is understandable... :guitar:

EDIT: Oh, but apparently Phil "white power" Anselmo is still on the bill, because...you know...Pantera were popular twenty years ago...