The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#28247 by The Dev
Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:37 am
Yo all!!!

Lifes been complicated lately, luckily it provided fuel for obsessive working. Lots has been completed or started.

The SYL dvd is just about done, and pretty much makes us look like a heavy metal extravaganza from outer space...and the audio plays like a best of record...it's really great.

Misery Signals and the Heavils are available, and pretty darned cool.

We just filmed the DT dvd material, which will be a really huge package with a 5.1 mix and a best of record as well.

DTB is headlining the second night of ProgPower 2004 in Holland, October 2nd...(when will the prog scene ever learn?)

The writing for the new SYL record is in full heat, and we have 6 songs under our belt. The recording starts in September, and I promise you a much more extreme Strapping than before. My current life anxiety has provided some insane lyrics.

The next Dev record is being written now as well, hopefully to be recorded in December or January...and it's every bit as good or better than any of the back catalog, and totally new. I have fifteen names for it kicking around, but nothing solid. All I know is that the themes are GREEN and NATURE.

The Devlab record has been finished for a few months now, but I'm working on the artwork slowly...it will be released with minimal fanfare before the end of the year. (it gave Mike...DTB bassist nightmares... ALLRIGHT!!!) The book, Tetramental, will be included in the layout.

And speaking of Mike and Dave from DTB, I'm producing an EP for the brothers band, 'Ten Ways From Sunday' right now. Rock and Roll baby.

The 'Use Your Delusion' puppet show has recorded it's first skit. And it's really terrible...in a few years there will probably be alot of it. (it's justification to get fucked up)

Life is good, death is inevitable, so are taxes...

Heavy metal!

The Dev.

#28248 by Blazingmonga
Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:40 am
Thats awesome news dude!

Everyone here is itching to get there hands on new stuff, I cant wait to get my hands on all this material.

I hope things are going a bit better for you after the flood and whatnot.

I want nightmares too...

#28250 by Knoxville
Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:45 am
Sorry to heear about your life complications but great to hear that the recording's progressing.

Oooo, you got me all excited!

*has a lie down*

#28258 by af_ödla
Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:10 am
Wonderful news, Mr. Townsend!
A lot of things in the making. Great!
I could really need some of your work ethics... :wink:

#28265 by BrunoN
Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:26 am
Busy times I see. Don't overwork yourself, dude :)

[good to see The Source Of All Mess here again.]

#28268 by BlueRaja
Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:49 am
Busy, busy, busy guy! :o

Thanks for taking the time to update us Dev!

#28269 by MullHawk
Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:58 am
Nice update dude, keep it coming.

#28271 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:30 pm
thats crazy, and the new album sounds awesome. i still can't wait for the dvd, thats probaby what im waiting for the most...
#28278 by Guest
Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:49 pm
The Dev wrote:All I know is that the themes are GREEN and NATURE.

These are the themes for the HDR site to come too
8)

Geoff

#28285 by ALieN
Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:16 pm
everything sounds great! cant wait for the stuff :D
#28293 by Evo
Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:25 pm
The Dev wrote:The next Dev record is being written now as well, hopefully to be recorded in December or January...and it's every bit as good or better than any of the back catalog, and totally new. I have fifteen names for it kicking around, but nothing solid. All I know is that the themes are GREEN and NATURE.

Amazing! I always hoped you'd make a green album one day! :D

#28298 by sunsetofage
Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:00 pm
Great news, Devin !

I can't wait to hear and to see all the new fantastic stuff ! And DTB is playing in Holland in Ocotber ! Wow ! Well, it's about 500 km from here in Germany but whatever...

#28317 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:58 pm
yeah it was figured a green album was coming out soon... although terria could be considered a greenish one. So the puppet show thing is actually happening eh ? I didn't think they were actually going to be serious about it... that shuld be interesting :)

#28324 by PyroVesten
Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:22 pm
:D

Looks like I had better start saving some dollars and stocking up on tissues..