The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come

#29473 by Erik L
Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:49 am
I can't wait for all this new material to come out.. it will bottleneck until the breaking point and then.. explode. Keep it coming dude! You're providing not just quality entertainment but also sharing your understanding of "the everything that is" with the world. Thanks to the band for being friendly, kind and genuine with the fans.
Last edited by Erik L on Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

#29620 by DeadHead
Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:18 am
Sweet! Excellent way to start a Sunday morning! :D

#29846 by powercozmic
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:12 am
Just Can't wait for the new stuff.... my dtb cds are getting worn out and are begging on their knees for a break....

#29869 by Sinkharmony
Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:19 am
I suppose it's unnecessary, but I'd just like to say that I can't wait for these new releases. It's hard to say what I'm anticipating more... I love the sound of what the new SYL will be like.

#30227 by danceswithchickens
Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:44 pm
I have nothing to add to this thread.

#30744 by 666between_his_horns
Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:37 am
A green record? Can't wait! I love the Terria album cover and the lyrics - man!!! THE lyrics!!!

Hope life is dealing positive cards for you, Dev.

Why oh why can't I stop listening to Ocean Machine & Terria all these years later??? Still my fave albums of ALL TIME.

Tim

#30756 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:18 am
666between_his_horns wrote:A green record? Can't wait! I love the Terria album cover and the lyrics - man!!! THE lyrics!!!

Hope life is dealing positive cards for you, Dev.

Why oh why can't I stop listening to Ocean Machine & Terria all these years later??? Still my fave albums of ALL TIME.

Tim

welcome to the club of Devin-addicts, my friend

#31512 by Greg Reason
Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:55 pm
Yeah, I just hope that devy sticks with the idea of including the book with Devlab! I'm looking forward to this as much as everyone else is I'm sure but I think he should spend as long as he needs to to get it the way he wants it to be...... Imagine having a book and CD package that is the exact representation of what Devin hears in his head............ That would be the greatest! I know from rushing my own work and having it not turn out exactly right that I would rather have him spend as long as he needs to...

#32438 by Ariakan
Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:25 am
See now that's why Devin is the greatest, the themes! Nature, or the ocean, like these powerful forces harnessed and reined into this music, and in such an appropriate and brilliant way... I cannot wait, along with all these other crazy people.

#32914 by Vesper
Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:14 am
I shall buy a piece of wood and chop it to pieces during the first listening :)

#33686 by cluna_33
Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:44 pm
Vesper wrote:I shall buy a piece of wood and chop it to pieces during the first listening :)

I think I'll buy an ounce of weed!! :lol:

#33922 by Bloody_Rust
Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:27 pm
Great news!!! Thanks for keeping us posted on it, Dev. Can't wait for all the new stuff! :D
#34282 by Eat Pop Slop
Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:31 pm
The Dev wrote:Yo all!!!

Lifes been complicated lately, luckily it provided fuel for obsessive working. Lots has been completed or started.

The SYL dvd is just about done, and pretty much makes us look like a heavy metal extravaganza from outer space...and the audio plays like a best of record...it's really great.

Misery Signals and the Heavils are available, and pretty darned cool.

We just filmed the DT dvd material, which will be a really huge package with a 5.1 mix and a best of record as well.

DTB is headlining the second night of ProgPower 2004 in Holland, October 2nd...(when will the prog scene ever learn?)

The writing for the new SYL record is in full heat, and we have 6 songs under our belt. The recording starts in September, and I promise you a much more extreme Strapping than before. My current life anxiety has provided some insane lyrics.

The next Dev record is being written now as well, hopefully to be recorded in December or January...and it's every bit as good or better than any of the back catalog, and totally new. I have fifteen names for it kicking around, but nothing solid. All I know is that the themes are GREEN and NATURE.

The Devlab record has been finished for a few months now, but I'm working on the artwork slowly...it will be released with minimal fanfare before the end of the year. (it gave Mike...DTB bassist nightmares... ALLRIGHT!!!) The book, Tetramental, will be included in the layout.

And speaking of Mike and Dave from DTB, I'm producing an EP for the brothers band, 'Ten Ways From Sunday' right now. Rock and Roll baby.

The 'Use Your Delusion' puppet show has recorded it's first skit. And it's really terrible...in a few years there will probably be alot of it. (it's justification to get fucked up)

Life is good, death is inevitable, so are taxes...

Heavy metal!

The Dev.

AWESOME!!!!!! Am obviously a bit late in saying so having just joined, but WOW!!!!!

-CS

#38533 by Strophe
Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:49 am
Can't wait to hear the new DTB album. So far I've liked every single one (Physiscist was a slight disappointment, though). Way to go, Herr Townsend!