The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#61012 by silentphil
Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:59 pm
First, let me get all apologies out of the way:

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum.
Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.
And sorry I registered just to ask this question.

Now, let me get the ass-kissing out of the way. I must say that Devin Townsend and all of his various bands are probably THE most talented and versatile musicians out there.

Now for the question. What is that choral piece that's at the end of Voices in the Fan? It's really, really beautiful and if Devy composed that, it just goes to show how versatile he truly is. And if he didn't compose that, I'm curious as to who did and where I can find the full version.

Thanks in advance.

#61013 by mo
Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:01 pm
welcome to the forum dude...

#61028 by HiPoCrAcY
Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:36 pm
I dont see any reason why devin didnt write it himself, seems he's a wizz on the computer when it come to produciton, he can make any sound :)

#61037 by Persuader
Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:15 am
Welcome dude. I believe it´s sampled from some record, don´t remember what it´s called..Im sure the other guys/gals here can help?

#61072 by Coma Divine
Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:33 am
*watches skies for Nils the noob thread assassin* :wink:

Welcome!
The answer used to be in the Fan Questions section, but there appears to have been a purge there recently. I'm buggered if I can remember, but Omer knows...

#61073 by Guest
Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:42 am
I think no one knows lol Even Devin ...

hey welcome !!! :roll:

#61136 by silentphil
Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:36 am
Hey, thanks everyone for the quick replies and making me feel welcome here.

I'm desperate for an answer, but it would seem kind of useless to post it in the Fan Questions forum again if it's already been answered there. Hmm...

#61176 by bloodredcurls
Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:46 pm
Coma Divine wrote:*watches skies for Nils the noob thread assassin* :wink:

Hee hee hee hee........
Welcome s-phil!
I was looking for that too, so i reposted it in the fan question section. I'm pretty sure someone knows and flood_of_rain is on the case?