The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#68239 by steve_dave
Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:19 am
ok, so i was driving to work today listening to 'away' in my car getting incredibly immersed in its beauty when i start approaching a round-aboot. now, to get to work i gotta turn right (left if you're in some other countries), so i indicate to get in the rand hand lane and forget to check my blind spot, pull over and in the very corneriest corner of my ey i see this headlight that shouldn't be there, all of a sudden i'm back in reality and have nearly just run a poor woman off the road. i feel very guilty and embarrssed and try to convey how sorry i was, but in sign language, how DO you convey:

"Sorry i nearly hit you, i was listening to an incredibly beautiful song by some guy named dev, you probably don't know who he is. But rest assured, it was my mistake and i'd like to apologise"?

Any near death experiences involving Dev at all?

#68241 by Archetype
Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:25 am
Haha, sorry for laughing, but the same thing happens to me all the time. I don't actually hit people but I get in sort of a trance, and I stop watching the road for a few seconds, because you know, guys can only concentrate on one thing at a time :D,
Most of the times I almost create chain-collisions on the freeway is when I'm listening to Death Of Music; it's such a beautiful song that I just 'fade out'

#68244 by steve_dave
Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:34 am
it gives you one hell of a rush though when the adrenaline kicks in! i know what you mean about 'fading out', i was singing along, but there were no vocals so i was 'la-la-ing' the guitar! it must've looked weird. poor woman though, i felt so bad!

#68245 by Olive?
Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:41 am
Yeah man!! I understand you 100%

I always fall "in trance" when I listen to Dev!! :lol:

CAUTION: Listening to Devlab while driving is even worse... It's hypnotic!!

#68248 by steve_dave
Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:48 am
Olive? wrote:CAUTION: Listening to Devlab while driving is even worse... It's hypnotic!!

advice that shall definitely be heeded, i ordered devlab yesterday... can't wait!

#68249 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:59 am
oh wow...this is something I can affirm...it doesn't even help to listen to the music louder than usual to stay clear in mind...all the Dev-solostuff is very hypnotic...

replace "Don't drink and drive" with "Don't listen to
[REPLACE fave, e.g. Deep Peace] and drive"....

#68253 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:29 am
DOM could be mine some day...though I haven't heard it in my car, yet.

#68263 by DivideByZero
Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:47 am
I would most definitely not listen to Devlab while driving, but I have no trouble with anything else of his. I've listened to SYL while driving, for example.

Listening to old Emperor or Darkthrone while driving, now, that would be most unwise. I've been kinda guilty of the former.

#68265 by steve_dave
Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:59 am
i tend to cope well while listening to heavier stuff, i just have trouble with atmospheric kinda stuff, specially when its loud. i just lose it!

#68283 by King Fear
Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:14 am
I can relate. Playing Infinity in your car stereo is guaranteed to make you ignore all speed limits. I haven't even tried Physicist yet.

#68298 by David
Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:21 am
I'm glad that I don't have driving licence! :D

Anyway sometimes I miss my bus/metro stop for being listening to music...

#68300 by pacman
Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:29 am
i've got it al the time while listnening to deep peace (or any other dev stuf)....

syl keeps me focused.... but devy let's me dream away on the music...

very dangerous

#68305 by pacman
Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:39 am
steve_dave wrote:i'm glad i'm not alone :D

hehe. I think the most of us got that problem..:P.... but it never stopped me from listening devy whyle driving