The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#266681 by Amakir
Fri May 13, 2011 4:05 pm
Hey Dev, what type of Gibson SG are you using on the Safe Zone DVD? From the looks of it it seems to be a Gibson SG Special Faded since it is missing the "SG" letters from the truss rod.
#267138 by BrunoN
Mon May 16, 2011 2:33 am
mungiisi wrote:I've been wondering what is this Rhoads (Jackson? Custom made?) Dev is holding in the cover on C:enter: Image

I think I've seen it elsewhere too, but I can't remember where.

Grab it on e-bay :)
#274976 by New Millenium Man
Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:01 pm
I too am interested to know what kind of delay and reverb Dev uses. Its massive, but it doesn't mess stuff up with slap back. VERY cool. Also, Im wondering if he still has those awesome Tele's with the EMG-88's lying around at home or something. VERY cool guitars.
#274983 by bonekrap44
Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:39 pm
New Millenium Man wrote:I too am interested to know what kind of delay and reverb Dev uses. Its massive, but it doesn't mess stuff up with slap back. VERY cool. Also, Im wondering if he still has those awesome Tele's with the EMG-88's lying around at home or something. VERY cool guitars.

Well it could be another Tele but on his tour right now he played a tele for some Decon Stuff.
#275294 by drukore
Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 am
Dev currently has been using the Fractal Axe-FX rack along with a lot of direct software (Peavey Revalver or/and LIne 6 PodFarm I think....) from what I've been reading. Notice live he's not really running much of a setup? That's why. It's a much simpler way to plug in a go, especially since he's running in-ear monitors also. With everything direct, less gear to tote around, more control (but also bigger possibility of issues). The Seattle COB tour for example, the guitars weren't loud enough at all and I don't know how much of the sound guy out in the house was to blame.
#275311 by Abydost
Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:45 pm
drukore wrote:Dev currently has been using the Fractal Axe-FX rack along with a lot of direct software (Peavey Revalver or/and LIne 6 PodFarm I think....) from what I've been reading. Notice live he's not really running much of a setup? That's why. It's a much simpler way to plug in a go, especially since he's running in-ear monitors also. With everything direct, less gear to tote around, more control (but also bigger possibility of issues). The Seattle COB tour for example, the guitars weren't loud enough at all and I don't know how much of the sound guy out in the house was to blame.

It was like that in Norway as well, and tons of other Europe gigs as far as I know. Audience kinda drowned out the guitars, lul.
#276843 by Amakir
Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:56 am
Anyone know what amp Devin used on City?
#277894 by mrbean667
Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:47 pm
Yeah I think it was 5150's until about Synchestra.
#283178 by Tang
Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:15 am
Feather wrote:Anybody knows how to achieve Devin's acoustic tone in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO1kuian4OA ?

I've split my signal and flooded one side with delay, reverb, and compression and experimented a lot but it still doesn't sound as magical.

This won't really help, but that's a fancy-pants patch on the Axe-FX. I'm fairly sure Mikael from Opeth is using the same patch here, with a bit less reverb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwWydff ... age#t=363s
#301709 by C_Lydian
Wed May 16, 2012 12:57 pm
Amakir wrote:Anyone know what amp Devin used on City?

He used a Morin amp. I had never heard of this company. Apparently it's a man named Mike Morin who mainly mods Marshalls. alliteration