The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come

Which Dev vibe tweaks your nipples most?

16%
16%
34%
34%

#20740 by Quantum Hyper Phase
Mon May 10, 2004 10:13 am
BrunoN wrote:As for "Nothing" by Meshuggah, I think it's best available soundtrack for apocalypse. When God will decide to destroy Earth, he will play that CD as backing music.

You're right, however, I would rather choose Shora - Shaping The Random. Apocalypse + horrible screams from the very bottom of hell. :)
And it's not black metal, as you could suppose. I would describe it as noise-core.

#20822 by Nummymuffincoocoobutter
Mon May 10, 2004 1:18 pm
straws pulled at random will be the track god plays when finally tears the earth apart

#20887 by Greg Reason
Mon May 10, 2004 7:06 pm
I love the intro to that track, after the disonant "duh-duh duh-duh duh duh duh" bit, it goes into that fuckin sick contorting twisted riff that you just can't keep track of, it's wonderous :twisted:

The outro is cool, it is very crushing, Godlike and apocalyptic, but I have to say that there are two things more apocalyptic than that: the last track on the Nothing album, "Obsidian", and most things by Neurosis... Those guys are fuckin intense. Martin Lopez was telling me he can't even listen to them because they're too full on ;o)

#20888 by Greg Reason
Mon May 10, 2004 7:08 pm
BrunoN wrote:
Persuader wrote:"Nothing" sounds like evil jumping mountains...Boooo-oom Boooo-ooo-oom!!
:twisted: :shock:

Hmm. Turn your mountains upside down and make them jump in weird rhythm. Now vision is complete.

Haha, you guys got it in one!

With those eight strings, no band on Earth can sound as monolithic as Meshuggah..... Norse Gods of thunder! Ha!

#20957 by Persuader
Tue May 11, 2004 3:07 am
Greg Reason wrote:
BrunoN wrote:
Persuader wrote:"Nothing" sounds like evil jumping mountains...Boooo-oom Boooo-ooo-oom!!
:twisted: :shock:

Hmm. Turn your mountains upside down and make them jump in weird rhythm. Now vision is complete.

Haha, you guys got it in one!

With those eight strings, no band on Earth can sound as monolithic as Meshuggah..... Norse Gods of thunder! Ha!

Norse? They´re swedish damnit...and from my town! :twisted:

#21346 by Greg Reason
Wed May 12, 2004 3:24 am
OK, so I'm stupid... I knew they were from Sweden (you're from Umea?) but I quite stupidly presumed Norse to apply to the surrounding regions as well as Norway, in reference to vikings and such.... Apologies

#21360 by Persuader
Wed May 12, 2004 4:01 am
Greg Reason wrote:OK, so I'm stupid... I knew they were from Sweden (you're from Umea?) but I quite stupidly presumed Norse to apply to the surrounding regions as well as Norway, in reference to vikings and such.... Apologies

Ohh I see...hehe..Slight missunderstanding. *runs off into the night chanting* "I am a viiiiikiiiiing!!" :shock:
..and yup, Im from Umea.