The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come

Which Dev vibe tweaks your nipples most?

16%
16%
34%
34%

#13644 by StrappingYoungLad
Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:45 am
Devinaddicted_Nils wrote:
simbelmyne wrote:actually it's the combination of both, smooth and rough, that attracts me. but i'll take smooth for liking dtb better. no, i like syl better. NO!! DAMN!!! :?

that's the thought that came to my mind...can't decide at all...shit...it's all to damn good. :surprise:

Yeah..we should start a thread dedicated to positive stuff..hahah

#13648 by Greg Reason
Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:48 am
Oooh, that alarm sound on Future Breed Machine... What a sound!!!! What an intro!!!!! The perfect way to smash yor head against the wall straight away with that album, the train noises, the alarm and then CRUNCH!!!! *sighs*..... God I hoep Devy does Defects 2, God I hope and pray he does it!!!!!!!!!!

#13653 by StrappingYoungLad
Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:52 am
Greg Reason wrote:Oooh, that alarm sound on Future Breed Machine... What a sound!!!! What an intro!!!!! The perfect way to smash yor head against the wall straight away with that album, the train noises, the alarm and then CRUNCH!!!! *sighs*..... God I hoep Devy does Defects 2, God I hope and pray he does it!!!!!!!!!!

There is no doubt in my mind!
CHRIST

#13657 by Greg Reason
Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:55 am
Heh.... I'm not ranting on that point anymore, I'm just reminiscing of the intro to Destroy Erase Improve... I didn't brig that CD with me, I only brought Nothing.... I'm a fool!!!! A FOOL!!!!

#19669 by Persuader
Fri May 07, 2004 3:11 am
Greg Reason wrote:Oooh, that alarm sound on Future Breed Machine... What a sound!!!! What an intro!!!!! The perfect way to smash yor head against the wall straight away with that album, the train noises, the alarm and then CRUNCH!!!! *sighs*..... God I hoep Devy does Defects 2, God I hope and pray he does it!!!!!!!!!!

Defects 2? Are we talking about the possible follow-up to Thordendals "Sol Niger Within" album?
Now THAT would be quite something...Fredrik and Devin mashing their brains together...

#19700 by Blazingmonga
Fri May 07, 2004 3:48 am
FBM is indeed totally awesome....a really brutal track.

#19720 by BrunoN
Fri May 07, 2004 5:42 am
I went with "smooth", coz i like it better. This week.

As for "Nothing" by Meshuggah, I think it's best available soundtrack for apocalypse. When God will decide to destroy Earth, he will play that CD as backing music.
But SYL is soundtrack for armageddon, when the forces of light and darkness will be beating shit out of each other.

I think that Messhuggah plays music of dissolution and inhumanity and SYL plays music of life and emotions. Different vibe.

#19731 by Sapphire
Fri May 07, 2004 6:03 am
I've always pictured Meshuggah's music as a battle between sanity and insanity. Kinda like how the lyrics of Rational Gaze goes: "Where's the true knowledge? Where engines of the sane and insanity merge. The clarity, the unity."

Btw, check out that video! Fuckin' SICK!

#19732 by BrunoN
Fri May 07, 2004 6:09 am
Yeah, Rational Gaze video is exact visualisation of their music - sick and twisted. Full synaesthesia. Great stuff.

#19733 by Sapphire
Fri May 07, 2004 6:11 am
I got the same old feeling when I saw that video for the first time as I did when I first heard their music.

"What the FUCK was that?"

#20000 by Quantum Hyper Phase
Sat May 08, 2004 4:23 am
Definitely rough...Anyone can be smooth, but Devy does rough unlike anyone I've ever heard......

;)

#20114 by Blazingmonga
Sat May 08, 2004 1:51 pm
...Dev can make the really 'rough' parts seem really 'smooth' and vice-versa. Its all music and its all good.

#20413 by Greg Reason
Mon May 10, 2004 12:35 am
Nothing quite breaks up Devin's clean moments like a wild shriek, huh? I love the one in "Nobody's Here", just before the solo... Big bravado-vibrato voice and then "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" :twisted:

#20416 by Persuader
Mon May 10, 2004 12:42 am
BrunoN wrote:I went with "smooth", coz i like it better. This week.

As for "Nothing" by Meshuggah, I think it's best available soundtrack for apocalypse. When God will decide to destroy Earth, he will play that CD as backing music.
But SYL is soundtrack for armageddon, when the forces of light and darkness will be beating shit out of each other.

I think that Messhuggah plays music of dissolution and inhumanity and SYL plays music of life and emotions. Different vibe.

"Nothing" sounds like evil jumping mountains...Boooo-oom Boooo-ooo-oom!!
:twisted: :shock:

#20499 by BrunoN
Mon May 10, 2004 5:15 am
Persuader wrote:"Nothing" sounds like evil jumping mountains...Boooo-oom Boooo-ooo-oom!!
:twisted: :shock:

Hmm. Turn your mountains upside down and make them jump in weird rhythm. Now vision is complete.