The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#197997 by dtb30
Thu May 14, 2009 8:48 pm
I just watched an interview with Dev earlier today on toazted.com. The interview was recorded on April 7. Dont know if it was posted recently or if it was posted a while back, but its worth checking out. Dev talks about Ki and the other albums, his syl career, and his direction in music. Great interview. I recently got my hands on Ki and i will have to say this the best Dev cd to date. I thought nothing could top Ziltoid or his earlier solo stuff. Dev, you are a musical god and i cant wait for the other albums to come out. Dont worry i will by the album when it comes out.
#198001 by islandsinthesky
Thu May 14, 2009 9:17 pm
This IS old news, but still thank you for letting us know!

About said interview, I gained a seriously higher appreciation for Ki after listening to "Second Nature" by The Young Gods. They have similar subtle intensities. Not sure how to explain it. Like they both know how to be intense without being explosive.
#198024 by daneulephus
Fri May 15, 2009 9:53 am
Thats crazy.....he just explained how I feel right at this moment in my life.....and literally this moment today. I am absolutely fearful of this song I am writing for a concept album. I am afraid to take it too far in any direction that might be misleading, esp. because the other songs I have written so far have gotten such a good response. So, now I feel I have to live up to them. I know I created this pressure for myself, but how do I just trust my own intuition? JUST DO IT I guess, like he said. So, I will just do it....and fuck anyone who doesnt get it, or even like it hahaha. Urggh....maybe I should cut back on the caffeine too lol.

Dan 8)
#198048 by filitalian
Fri May 15, 2009 5:15 pm
Just watched the toazted interview. I kind of wondered what Devin thought about the "suck"cess of Nickleback, being that they're from the Vancouver area and all. Even though they write catchy songs (at 3:33 long), "Every song is about the guy's penis." The lyrics of Addicted will be about the pop music song writing process. I find that to be quite hilarious.
#198186 by daneulephus
Sun May 17, 2009 10:12 am
Wander wrote:
batmura wrote:There is a new Devin Townsend interview if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/article.php?sid=1292

It's a great read if you ask me. Very detailed.

Cheers!

Great interview and a great thread. Gonna check the others out soon.

Ditto.....awesome thread idea. I live for Devin interviews. He always seems to be totally on par with how I am feeling, and gives me great comic relief in the process. How awesome to know of such an amazing musician that doesn't take himself too seriously hahaha.

Dan :)