The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#315660 by Wander
Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:57 am
Nathan_lol wrote:Why is Devin...what the fuck?

On Fox News? Cause he can!

Honestly, I find it funny with the near universal hate towards fox news and the complete what the fuck reaction towards Devin's appearance on this program that everyone on the show seemed alright to me*

DISCLAIMER: I AM SAYING THIS AS A NON-AMERICAN WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GREG GUTFELD OR THE RED EYE SHOW BEFOREHAND EXCEPT THAT IT IS ON THE NEAR UNIVERSALLY HATED FOX NEWS CHANNEL.
#315663 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:49 am
Red Eye is pretty much the only universal show Fox News has to offer, from I understand. So Devin's appearance is appropriate (loved the marijuana segment).
#315665 by Lettuce
Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:46 am
Hating on Fox News is just like hating on the Daily Mail. If you genuinely get upset over it you kinda need to reassess your life.
#315670 by stubear280
Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:57 am
Red Eye has some pretty cool people on sometimes. Dick Valentine of Electric Six has been on a few times, so has King Buzzo of The Melvins.
#315673 by GravityEyelids
Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm
Lettuce wrote:Hating on Fox News is just like hating on the Daily Mail. If you genuinely get upset over it you kinda need to reassess your life.

Agreed. And Red Eye is not the stereotypical Fox program, so it was kind of lame to see some people react in predictable manner (on twitter). It just gave me a vibe of them thinking, "Pfft. Fox News. Devin you're better than that." Pretty much blowing off his appearance. But whatever, I like the show and enjoyed that episode. Dev did a good job and fit in quite well.
#315674 by Nathan_lol
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 pm
I'm not reacting the way I am because I don't like Fox News, I'm reacting that way because why is Devin on a late night news program discussing weed in Colorado. It's just bizarre, you know? He's Canadian, and he doesn't even smoke weed anymore. It's like me discussing having sex in Britain.
#315676 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 pm
It wasn't just about Colorado, it was about legalization and how it could become widespread instead of in just one state, the rules that ought to apply, the effects of marijuana on different people, and so on. They also wanted the point of view of a musician who had experienced the drug, which Devin is perfect for.
#315685 by Octillus
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:07 am
Lettuce wrote:Dev and Greg Gutfeld are friends, Greg invited him onto the show. Does it really matter why?

Nah, not on an entertainment program. if it were more serious that'd be different, but it's a silly show that goes on at 3 AM. Oderus Urungus is on there all the fucking time.
#315690 by Meh
Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:23 am
Devin seemed to be struggling at points to look comfortable but makes a change from the usual tour interviews shot on cameraphones with shit sound, hope he can get something out of it.
#315702 by Meh
Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Lettuce wrote:Nahhhh, he always looks like that ;D

I've noticed it more often - maybe it's the lack of drug/booze. Although maybe he's really more shy and introverted than the public persona.
#315704 by Lettuce
Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:09 pm
I wouldn't over think it, he's a pretty mild-mannered stereotypical Canadian off-stage :P The kinda people who'd apologise after you punched them in the face.

...don't punch him in the face btw.