The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#234556 by Fira
Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:37 pm
kinda... well it sounds flat, obviously cos its unmastered... ill have to check it out again when i can be bothered downloading a codec...
#323124 by mikkomallikas
Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:39 am
Fira wrote:I remember ages ago (2003) just after i saw SYL and DTB play in manchester, there was a bootleg leaked (i think on this very forum) of the SYL set, which i believe got taken down very quickly (i guess century media wern't happy about it)

i still have the SYL Drizzlelive (Manchester 20-03-03) bootleg and covers, but i wanted to know was there also a recording of the DTB set. id kill to get hold of it!!!!

anybody know if it exists???

cheers!

oh yeah.... ps...

i (embarrasingly) laughed out loud when devin shouted "dont laugh" before aftermath, and he called me "johnny fucking handy tard".

ill never live that one down...

I found Drizzlelive on an really old MP3 player of mine and couldn´t first remember where the hell it was from.

Now I remember that it was shared here but I think that Dev himself put it up on the official SYL site and the whole thing crashed ´cause so many people tried to download it. This was back in 2003 so "many" probably equals like two hundred people. :)

Does anyone else remember Dev sharing it? The version I have is 192 kbps.
#323363 by Kleo
Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:50 pm
Yeeeeah. This one brought on a real shitstorm when it happened. Shame really. Very good idea but someone felt they hadn't been consulted and we all suffered.
#323399 by Kleo
Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:00 am
Honestly, there were not many noteworthy bootlegs kicking around until fairly recently. You had one or two vids taken by a mercy guy on an early SYL tour which were done with a decent camera rig at the booth. Not fantastic but nice reference material. Then there were a couple things that borrowed the Infinity in the East name from the cancelled live album from the days where the SYL lineup played everything. Most of the rest were made with standard consumer grade gear by someone trying to hide equipment from venue security. I will hit up my archives to see if I've got anything sexy from DTB but I dimly recall down sampling to lowish quality MP3 because it all sounded like a wee man screaming into a tin can in some guy's coat pocket.