The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#217635 by Fira
Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:29 pm
I remember ages ago (2003) just after i saw SYL and DTB play in manchester, there was a bootleg leaked (i think on this very forum) of the SYL set, which i believe got taken down very quickly (i guess century media wern't happy about it)

i still have the SYL Drizzlelive (Manchester 20-03-03) bootleg and covers, but i wanted to know was there also a recording of the DTB set. id kill to get hold of it!!!!

anybody know if it exists???

cheers!

oh yeah.... ps...

i (embarrasingly) laughed out loud when devin shouted "dont laugh" before aftermath, and he called me "johnny fucking handy tard".

ill never live that one down...
#217785 by static2
Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:18 am
i've only heard this in horrible, horrible quality (96kbps MP3). is there a specific reason for this, or does the bootleg exist in high quality somewhere?
#218017 by Fira
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:02 am
my copy is in mpc format...

i have no way of telling you the bitrate, my player wont show me for mpc files.

its not the best of quality to begin with, but it doesnt seem to suffer from the same kind of sound artifacts as a 96kbs mp3.
#218028 by BrunoN
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:27 am
Well, it's a soundboard recording, pretty great for a bootlegey standards IMO. Shame I have only 96k mp3 version too.Nice bit of trivia with johnny fucking handy tard, you should wear it proudly :>
#218043 by Fira
Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:41 am
BrunoN wrote:Well, it's a soundboard recording, pretty great for a bootlegey standards IMO. Shame I have only 96k mp3 version too.Nice bit of trivia with johnny fucking handy tard, you should wear it proudly :>

i do,embarrasingly proud. Im on a syl recording hahahhah!

oh, btw, i PM'd you both.

:guitar:
#231158 by Hekaton
Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:37 pm
I was asked to delete the original recording, which I did. :zzzz:
#231159 by Fira
Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 pm
Hekaton wrote:I was asked to delete the original recording, which I did. :zzzz:

of the DTB set? or the syl set?

i can imagine it was the syl set because of century media...

does the DTB set exist, or did it exist???
#231195 by Hekaton
Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:14 am
SYL set - yes, CM. Understandable given their high invested profit-based business model. Couldn't allow it to fail.
#231326 by Hekaton
Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:03 am
Just Strapping - MiniDisc straight off the board.
#234375 by static2
Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 am
Hekaton wrote:Just Strapping - MiniDisc straight off the board.

so does the taper have a lossless master lying around? it's bogus that this bootleg is only spreading in shit-ass, low quality MP3 when it's a rare example of a soundboard Dev recording!
#234418 by Fira
Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 pm
static2 wrote:

so does the taper have a lossless master lying around? it's bogus that this bootleg is only spreading in shit-ass, low quality MP3 when it's a rare example of a soundboard Dev recording!

mine is an mpc version...
#234483 by static2
Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 am
Fira wrote:
static2 wrote:

mine is an mpc version...

i doubt it's any different than the shite MP3 source, though. it was probably converted from that source. does yours also sound like awul, tinny, webcast-quality shite?